Yup, I'm bailing. This is too annoying.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

It's truly annoying. This has been going on for weeks. Major problems first started occurring in October.

I think voip.ms needs to take the hint and get their shit out of there before it's starts costing them oodles of business.

Moving all my shit yet again. FML.

Mike

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

The voip.ms in Toronto has been troublesome for a loooooong time, they keep moving their server around, it used to be some other cheap DC before Carat. IMO if voip.ms wants Toronto presence it should be with a first grade colo facility/carrier like Beanfield: »bgp.he.net/AS21949#_peers. They have enough customers to warrant it. Until then I'm going to use the New York (Voxel DC) and Chicago (Ubiquity DC), those are both less than 25ms, have amazing connectivity, and rarely have issues.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar

Premium Member

They have been with carat since they opened service in Toronto I believe. Carat used to be located in a different DC, that is probably the one you are talking about.

The main problem is that carat hosts quite a few torrent sites and they get DDoS'd all the time. Other than the DDoS's their network has decent transit.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat to Tig

to Tig
said by Tig:

Yup, I'm bailing. This is too annoying.

The montreal2 server has been solid for me for a very long time.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by silvercat:

The montreal2 server has been solid for me for a very long time.

I just moved all my shit to montreal2. Total PITA.

If I have to move again, I'll be moving to another provider sorry to say. I've been a strong advocate for voip.ms for quite a while. They need to pony up now and earn it.

Mike
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

I've been with Montreal2 since shortly after I started using Voip.ms in 2011 because the Toronto connection even then was crap (and I live in Mississauga, literally a stone's throw from Toronto and not all that far from the Carat office in Hamilton)

NefCanuck