Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Caelharrad

Re: Haste cap?

mkay. I was trying to decide what would be better. Seems the spec revolves around steady and steady procs, so shooting more of them seemed good.

Reforgd to crit, not haste than?
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Hoombaba

@child-controls.com
said by Savious Zero:

mkay. I was trying to decide what would be better. Seems the spec revolves around steady and steady procs, so shooting more of them seemed good.

Sav:

Agreed crit is tops after hit/exp capping. But to answer a couple of your questions:

1. There is no 'hard' haste cap, where adding more haste does absolutely zero. It will always speed up your auto shots.

2. Steady shot does absolute crap for damage, so you really want to shoot as few of them as possible except for keeping up Steady Focus and focus regen. I dont think it pays off to use steady instead of other shots to try to proc more Master Marksman instants. Aimed Shot isn't even that strong anymore (sadly) compared to Chimera so the extra instant AiS won't make up for the dps you lose firing steady instead of arcane, say.

Good luck with your MM spec.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
said by Hoombaba :

said by Savious Zero:

Sav:

Agreed crit is tops after hit/exp capping. But to answer a couple of your questions:

1. There is no 'hard' haste cap, where adding more haste does absolutely zero. It will always speed up your auto shots.

2. Steady shot does absolute crap for damage, so you really want to shoot as few of them as possible except for keeping up Steady Focus and focus regen. I dont think it pays off to use steady instead of other shots to try to proc more Master Marksman instants. Aimed Shot isn't even that strong anymore (sadly) compared to Chimera so the extra instant AiS won't make up for the dps you lose firing steady instead of arcane, say.

Good luck with your MM spec.

I see. I was just wondering if it was possible to get SS to go below a 1 second cast time, really. I guess since everything else is basically an instant cast it really wouldnt make that much of a difference.....

Unless you stack a lot of Mastery and Haste for Wild Quiver procs? Hmm.
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.