Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

amro4

join:2008-10-07
Colleyville, TX
reply to amro4

Re: [TIVO] Anyone regret getting TiVo?

The other thing is that we are so close to CES, I'm wondering if TiVo will have new hardware.

Electro960

join:2005-12-21
Doylestown, PA
I switched from FIOS DVR to TiVo Premiere series 4 about a year ago and don't regret making the move. Their mobile app allows you to view listings and schedule recordings remotely but if you want to watch your recorded content on an iPhone or iPad then you will need to purchase an additional accessory called the TiVo stream. It only allows you to stream your programs within your home network but works great. I'm looking into upgrading to a 4 tuner model with greater capacity but holding off because I'm hearing rumors of a 6 tuner model release with built in streaming capabilities and faster processing speed but who knows if or when that'll come out.
Their newer models have Ethernet and MoCa options so if you don't have a hard wired cat 5 ran to the location you can use coax to connect to their servers but will need to retain the Verizon actiontec router (or a MoCa adapter).
Expand your moderator at work

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL
reply to amro4

Re: [TIVO] Anyone regret getting TiVo?

said by amro4:

The other thing is that we are so close to CES, I'm wondering if TiVo will have new hardware.

TiVo generally doesn't announce anything at CES. They will usually be on site, but they don't really show anything off new.

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA
reply to amro4
said by amro4:

TIVO generally is not an active participant at CES so the likelihood a new product at that time is slight.

You may see the MINI in the first quarter and a six tuner at some point.

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY
We recently went the other way. We had cable and a Tivo Premiere. We switched over to the 7232 and the HD only box. After a year we might go back to the Tivo.

The Tivo has a nicer UI but is laggy at times. Most of the extra stuff like Youtube sucked compared to other options we have.

The Multiroom viewing is really nice and makes up for much of the boxes short coming.