NanDog
The Pup Was Female, I'M Not
Premium Member
join:2003-12-28
Bremerton, WA

NanDog

Premium Member

Issues with MyWeather

When WeatherPulse disappeared (damn, I miss that app!) I replaced it with MyWeather which worked fine for a long time. It would load at startup and automatically display my local weather info.

A few weeks ago things started getting a bit wonky. The MyWeather window would appear on the desktop but my personal info was missing in the e-mail address box and password box. Before I can enter my info and hit the "Submit" button, the damn thing tries to connect on its own and, obviously, can't.

I've removed and re-downloaded the program several times but the problem persists.

I can open a browser and go to the MyWeather site and get the info I need but that's more steps than I wish to do. I've checked out the help section of the site but it's not too helpful and they seem not very timely in responding to questions.

So.....anyone have any ideas about this problem or, perhaps even better, another weather app that works well?

TIA!

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Just loaded it up. Will let you know how it works out. So far no issues.

screavan
join:2012-11-27
Pearcy, AR

1 edit

screavan to NanDog

to NanDog
Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Air: »get.adobe.com/air/

Also try deleting: %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\com.myweather.desk.topapp or search for com.myweather.desk.topapp it should have something like myweathersessiontoken28.sol in it just delete that file if you like. This will reset the login details.

NanDog
Premium Member
Bremerton, WA

NanDog

Premium Member

said by screavan:

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Air: »get.adobe.com/air/

Also try deleting: %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\com.myweather.desk.topapp or search for com.myweather.desk.topapp it should have something like myweathersessiontoken28.sol in it just delete that file if you like. This will reset the login details.

I had Air (but not the newest ver) but updating didn't help. I then deleted the token file and that seems to have done the trick (although the proggie will still not log me in automatically as it used to. I have to fill in email/password).

Thanks screavan and a merry Christmas to you and yours!!

screavan
join:2012-11-27
Pearcy, AR

screavan

Not a problem, for some reason that file likes to corrupt itself. I'm not sure really why it does that.

If you want a good radar tool it's not necessarily cheap ($79.95) but it's a really good radar application IMHO »www.grlevelx.com/grlevel3_2/

I use it all the time especially during the stormy season course MyWeather has them beat as far as zoom capabilities but as far as variety of radar data I love GRLevel3 it's one of the applications I am glad I bought especially for severe weather season.

Merry Christmas to you and yours also!

NanDog
Premium Member
Bremerton, WA

NanDog

Premium Member

Well, as of today, it once again logs me in automatically!

Go figure!