Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Moffetts

Premium Member

to Moffetts

Re: [Rant] UPS has horrible service.

I ordered it November 20th. I'm not hopeful it will come tomorrow so it will be a month on Monday.

It wasn't the shipper (Apple) that requested the change, it is UPS requesting the change.

FedEx never made any changes, they delivered early.

What I am unsure of is why Apple uses different services for different products.

Although FedEx did piss me off the one time, they simply never delivered my product..no notices, I went online to track and it stated it was in their office waiting for pick-up...but it did get there 3 days early. (about one week earlier than what Apple stated)

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

It wasn't the shipper (Apple) that requested the change, it is UPS requesting the change.

From the screenshot it looks like Apple requested it. It says "The Sender..."...unless you got further information from UPS?

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

I called Apple and they said they didn't send the request. Seems that the shipper refers to UPS.

By the looks of it, it got to Ontario late, and there was no way they could deliver it today.

This is what UPS is saying:

So my guess is that they're a few days behind schedule. (I just got this info about 20 minutes ago) Ah well...ca la vie.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

So you order something from Apple and they ship it from China? Is that why Apple charges so much?

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

So you order something from Apple and they ship it from China? Is that why Apple charges so much?

Everything Apple makes is made in China. It has to come from China. That's why you can buy an iPad for under $400 instead of over $1,000.

Shipping is always free.

If I was in the USA, I could have done in-store pick-up, a service they don't provide here.

I used the Apple Store because Apple currently has special financing for 6 months, so I used the Apple credit card.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

I called Apple and they said they didn't send the request. Seems that the shipper refers to UPS.

Yea but it doesnt say shipper it sends sender. Unless apple paid for ground service which has a specified time window and because of christmas season, the drivers ran late which means after the evening cut off for ground, UPS will deliver it tomorrow because apple only paid for ground with a time frame of 9-5 for example and it wouldnt make it due to volume. makes somewhat sense especially since the exception talks about the commit time for your area.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to J E F F4

to J E F F4
Stores here sell Apple products for less than Apple charges at their own stores.

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

said by Bob4:

Everything Apple makes is made in China. It has to come from China. That's why you can buy an iPad for under $400 instead of over $1,000.

Shipping is always free.

If I was in the USA, I could have done in-store pick-up, a service they don't provide here.

I used the Apple Store because Apple currently has special financing for 6 months, so I used the Apple credit card.

Higher end machines for both computers and phones/tablets all are cheaper than apple products, you pay for the name and the OS, that being said chinese labor is cheaper, but apple gouges their customers because they can

that being said UPS is usually good for me, in fact just had a package delivered today from target.com with regular shipping, 22lbs took 3 days total from purchase to at my door

they rung the doorbell, left the package(nice neighborhood) and was driving away as i pulled the package inside

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
Apple store or 'stores'.

The Apple Stores here will price match, since usually there is a sale going on somewhere. (right now MacBooks are all $150 less than Apple Store)
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

Click for full size
Here's a Microcenter ad from a couple weeks ago. Don't know how their prices compare. Sales tax is 3.5%.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

I paid $329 no shipping cost. I DO have to pay sales tax, which is 5% national and 8% provincial.

Staples had them for $299 but were sold out in 2 minutes. And no one else had them either.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

13% sales tax. What a deal!

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

It's insane. Oh well...I can move to Alaska since they have 0% sales tax...and $329 is $329.

M A R S
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Long Island

M A R S to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

Comes with a discount on health insurance!
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

said by Bob4:

Everything Apple makes is made in China. It has to come from China.

Then people buy iPhones in the US and send them back to China:

»www.digitaljournal.com/a ··· e/338981

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

said by J E F F4:

said by Bob4:

Everything Apple makes is made in China. It has to come from China.

Then people buy iPhones in the US and send them back to China:

»www.digitaljournal.com/a ··· e/338981

It's like me going to the USA to buy Canadian alcohol and bringing it back to Canada because it's cheaper in the US...

Crazy world we live in.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to swintec

MVM

to swintec
said by swintec:

Unless apple paid for ground service which has a specified time window and because of christmas season, the drivers ran late which means after the evening cut off for ground, UPS will deliver it tomorrow because apple only paid for ground with a time frame of 9-5 for example and it wouldnt make it due to volume.

To the best of my knowledge, the shipper cannot indicate a delivery time "window". The only time-sensitive options the shipper has is with 1-day or 2-day deliveries and you can specify to deliver BEFORE a few times (like 8am, 10:30am, and 3pm). That's for BUSINESS addresses too. Residential has different times, at least for the afternoon.

And UPS will hardly not deliver on a day due to volume. Their drivers are now out until 8 or 9pm.