how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

stray

join:2000-01-16
Warren, NJ
reply to cdru

Re: Google Apps

Sounds like cdru 's situation is already settled, but in my experience, it can't hurt to put in your application to Google if you've got 501(c)(3) determination letter. It doesn't cost anything, they respond in a week or two, and the worst that can happen is that they reject you. Things like "behavior therapy" might not be classified as health care...could be "school." You never know.

I had no trouble helping an organization that deals with at-risk for AIDs teens... essentially a behavior modification and education program to lower their risk. Is it health care? Is it a social program? Is it a school? Anyway, Google approved them, no fuss, no muss.

I think Google's health-care restriction is meant to exclude big non-profit hospitals, medical associations, pharma sponsored non-profit marketing shills, and the like.

And... the notion of cost justifying the switch from for-profit to non-profit in order to get a better deal on Google or other software services is absurd. There's one other big hitch: you've got to act like a non-profit, and the IRS has a nice booklet of rules for that!
--
V-Rtifacts - When Virtual Reality Was More Than Virtual