motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to n64ra

to n64ra

Re: Lost channels without box in CNY

said by n64ra:

Here are two updates:

1) I learned that the "(Set top box required)" comment is not necessarily the problem. For example, on analog I do not get ABC Family or CMT, which makes sense since they already require the set top box. With the digital adapter, I get ABC Family but still no CMT.
In addition, on analog I get The Weather Channel since it does not require the set top box. But there is no Weather Channel with the digital adapter.

2) A TWC tech arrived at my house even though there was no appointment. He said their system was incorrectly making appointments when people changed their accounts (such as ordering a digital adapter). Since he was there, he took a look at the digital adapter but couldn't figure it out as this was his first digital adapter issue. The best he came up with was wait until after Dec 18.

well the website specifically says wait until the cut date to active the adapter or you might not get all of the channels.
n64ra
join:2012-12-13
Austin, TX

n64ra

I see that now. I don't think the sheet of paper mailed to my house said that. Neither the tech on the phone to activate the device nor the one at the house mentioned it (other than as an idea while leaving).

Is there a way to figure out which channels are already digital only and which are switching on Dec 19th for my location?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by n64ra:

I see that now. I don't think the sheet of paper mailed to my house said that. Neither the tech on the phone to activate the device nor the one at the house mentioned it (other than as an idea while leaving).

Is there a way to figure out which channels are already digital only and which are switching on Dec 19th for my location?

these are moving to digital on the 18th:
Ion
CNBC
CSPAN
WGN America
Weather Channel
Golf Channel
LMN

the channels that say digital settop box required below 100 need a box.
n64ra
Austin, TX

n64ra

said by motorola870:

by 'box' do you mean stb, digital adapter, or just at least one of them?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by n64ra:

said by motorola870:

by 'box' do you mean stb, digital adapter, or just at least one of them?

box right now but digital adapters as well beginning on the 18th.
n64ra
Austin, TX

n64ra

Interestingly enough: When the cable is plugged from wall to TV, the channels changes are in effect (ie, can't see Weather Channel anymore, and VH1 is on a different number - ch50).

With the DA plugged in, I have the same problem as described above (ie no CMT). BUT, the channels numbers are back to their old locations (ie VH1 still at ch71).
n64ra

n64ra

All but LMN is coming through now with the DA attached. The channels that say digital settop box required do NOT required a STB as I am getting them. The DA displays the channel name on the TV but a few of those aren't coming through. That's not a big deal and neither is LMN.