Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Which is why I like Apple

Apple would not allow this. Apple controls the carriers, not the carriers controlling Apple. Verizon had to cave in since there was market demand for the iPhone on Verizon.

I bet Isis will fail as the number of merchants that will accept Google Wallet will outnumber the merchants who will sign onto Isis.

It would be nice if I could use my phone to pay my bus fare. The PVTA just put in new fareboxes. iPhones with a barcode scanner attachment and an iPhone app would have been cheaper. The new fareboxes function the same way as the old ones, they are just slightly fancier and are so late '90s tech wise whereas the old ones are '80s era tech. Smartphones are so 21st century tech.

As the debate over the dollar coin continues, I have a feeling that US currency will go paperless/coinless someday and go all digital with debit cards and smartphones.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

funny!

If T or VZW went to Apple and told them to remove something from the iTunes store it would be GONE. Apple only cares if they get their $$$ or not.

And before you start becoming an iProduct fan boy and VZW fanyboy- NOT everyone uses nor cares about iProducts so by using only their technology, limits the others from using it.

And as far as SmartPhones being 21st Century- that leaves Apple out on a LOT of things. Especially when many phones have better and higher specs than most of the iPhones. Apple has you over their desk bent over and they know it.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to IowaCowboy

said by IowaCowboy:

Apple would not allow this. Apple controls the carriers, not the carriers controlling Apple. Verizon had to cave in since there was market demand for the iPhone on Verizon.

I bet Isis will fail as the number of merchants that will accept Google Wallet will outnumber the merchants who will sign onto Isis.

It would be nice if I could use my phone to pay my bus fare. The PVTA just put in new fareboxes. iPhones with a barcode scanner attachment and an iPhone app would have been cheaper. The new fareboxes function the same way as the old ones, they are just slightly fancier and are so late '90s tech wise whereas the old ones are '80s era tech. Smartphones are so 21st century tech.

As the debate over the dollar coin continues, I have a feeling that US currency will go paperless/coinless someday and go all digital with debit cards and smartphones.

Please Apple is the worse at proprietary tyrany. Apple allows Google wallet on Iphones?

puck0114

join:2005-12-24
Portland, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Stephouse Wireless
reply to IowaCowboy

Here in Portland, our public transit service is planning to begin smart phone ticketing this Spring on both Android and iOS. This will let you buy your tickets and display them on your phone. No more paper! I read that Boston is currently doing something similar. So there's some hope.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to IowaCowboy

Many countries offer NFC wireless payment for bus and subway fare. The USA is a bit behind with that, but wireless credit card terminals are starting to show up in more places. You should know that the iPhone does not have an NFC chip and is unable to use Google Wallet or similar systems.