Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

1 edit

skeechan

Premium Member

[iTunes 11] Track order reversed

Click for full size
1-5 should be on the left and 6-10 on the right...right?
I can't find the track list sort for album view. When I click on album view I get the drop down showing all the tracks. For every album mine the columns are reversed. On the far left next to the album graphic is say tracks 6-10 and to the right of that is 1-5. They're correct in that they go 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 but it seems that 1-5 should be the left column and 6-10 on the right. And it isn't right to left column listing for running the OS in Japanese. I tried switching to English and restarting and it is the same. And EVERY album is the same and the tracks play in the correct order, staring in the right column, going down, then to the left column.

When in grid view, if I narrow up the iTunes window so that the columns are stacked the same track list goes, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. WTF?

List View - Correct, 1-10
Grid View, 6-10, 1-5
Artist List, 6-10, 1-5

Where is track sort in iTunes 11?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

That's bizarre. Try 11.0.1 that just got released.

I've seen a couple of anomalies in the album view on 11. For example, I had a few albums not show art until I selected a track and did a Get Info then the art showed. In another case only accessing that album via Apple TV made the art show up in iTunes. I think this was for tracks where the art is embedded in the music file. And it was isolated to a few albums.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Never had a track sort issue with iTunes X. If tracks appeared out of order I could sort by track (actually by album) and it would sort the albums and resort the track order. But I don't see that particular sort option.

I also don't like this layout. I like the artist or album view where you had all the tracks on the right and the artist and artwork were on the left (if you enabled show artwork for all albums).

Now the closest thing is just listing all the tracks and with 13K tracks it is pointless.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

Are the tracks out of order looking at the album under Artist view?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Yep. The only view that is right is the entire track list view. That pic I posted is from the Artist View.

We'll see what happens when the new iMac arrives in a few weeks. It'll have iTunes, but then I'll drag over the library so the plists should be new while the library is old. Maybe that will fix it.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by skeechan:

Yep. The only view that is right is the entire track list view. That pic I posted is from the Artist View.

Doh, my bad.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

HEY, I found an album that is sorted right. BONNIE PINK's One album. So there is something borked. I have nearly 1600 albums and there is no view all albums at the same time view like there used to be. I have to click on them one at a time.
skeechan

skeechan

Premium Member

I first ripped Rabbit on release day. iTunes didn't recognize it. I just reripped it and iTunes now knows what it is (it is also available in the iTunes Japan store). It fixed it.

In looking through all of my albums there are more correct ones. Everything purchased in the iTS is right (90% listen to my rips) while the stuff I ripped is borked.

They were probably borked the whole time but iTunes X and earlier had sorting so I was always able to resort without really thinking about it.

Oh man I really don't want to re-rip 1200 albums. That would suck wang something fierce.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

I'm grasping... are the tracks in each album listed as n of # in the Song view... eg, 1 of 12, 2 of 12,....12 of 12?

95% of my 26,500 tracks are not from the iTS and all mine are fine from what I can tell.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Yep, they're all numbered. If iT did not recognize the disc when I originally ripped it, I would add the album art and do the 1 of 2 of 3 of thing manually.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

Sheesh, I feel your pain having just gone through that transfer from PC to Mac. I got there in the end but I felt like I was taking one step forward and two back for a while. iTunes has many idiosyncrasies.

Sorry I can't offer a solution.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Yeah, on my Pee Cee still running iT 10, there is a trusty sort button that when sorting the album by artist (or whatever it was called) it would sort the tracks too but when first loaded, they would be out of order. I need that sort in iT 11. Oh well, sux 2 b me.

not
@comcast.net

not

Anon

Report it on the iTunes feedback webpage to Apple. They'll eventually get to a fix for it. Make sure you're really descriptive of what the issue is and what you believe is the cause. Trust me when I say the idiots in engineering at Apple have a hard time reproducing things even when you write it in crayon for them. lol

You sometimes have to really hold their hand.