Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

World JR hockey thread

»www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/fea ··· ?id=4124

here's the broadcast schedule.

this should be one of the strongest team ever.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

just something to keep this jr thread alive till it starts.

Kelowna Rockets on the road trip from hell [5 games in 6 days ] have won 4 in a row and finish up in Calgary tonight.....should be a great game,if they have any legs left.

»www.castanet.net/edition ··· tm#84641

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Looking forward to it! Also, just picked up a new 50" Samsung UN50EH5300 LED LCD TV yesterday to replace my finally dead Sony that I got about 7 years ago. What an awesome difference in picture, things have come a long ways since 2006 for TV tech. So extra looking forward to it.

Thanks for the schedule, got it bookmarked.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Cool,you'll really enjoy hockey or any sports.Samsung have the best pic to me.

I went from a 32'' to a 50'' LED too.........it blew me away.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
4 in a row...pfft.

the London Knights were down 5-3 late in the 3rd (about 8 minutes to go) and managed to tie the game with a couple of minutes left, and win it overtime with a spectacular play and goal by Seth Griffith.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· SD4fHlOM

that makes 21 wins in a row.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
Stefan Noesen (Sens Prospect) will not be allowed to play in the World Jr's for Team USA because the IIHF upheld a 10 games suspension he received from the OHL for checking to the head. He was on the top line at the USA Summer evaluation camp

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Well that's great news for Team Canada........although I imagine they'll find another player that's possibly just as good.

This should be a barn-burner series.............can't wait.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
quote:
4 in a row...pfft
That was 4 in a row on the current road trip.........they've won 12 in a row at home.

But it still doesn't compare to the London feat...........and Kamloops still holds the record at 33 games.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

the OHL record is 25 games, by Kitchener...33 is one hell of a run...back in 2005 (when they had ties), London started the season going 29-0-2, which was a pretty good start...it's also the year they won the Memorial Cup...here's hoping this season is a repeat of that (considering they lost in the Memorial Cup finals last year).

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Subban gets the start in nets tomorrow.

»www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/sto ··· d=411937

He's a good goalie from what I've seen.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Team Canada's 40 Greatest Juniors (TSN)

»www.tsn.ca/World_jrs/fea ··· ?id=9803

tonight.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: World JR hockey thread

Be interesting to see how many of us are going to try and catch the games live.

I've taken vacation days during the World Jrs. and seriously am debating mimicking a vampire with my sleep schedule for this

NefCanuck

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

The replays will be @ 9 and 4 here,so I'm going to try catch the early game and not listen to any news or radio stations ahead of time.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Re: Team Canada's 40 Greatest Juniors (TSN)

No surprise that Eberle was #1 ,especially scoring that insane goal with 5 seconds left to tie the Russians.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Spoiler alert

»www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/sto ··· =412014#

Don't click the link if you want to watch the replay of the game and not know the score.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Re: World JR hockey thread

Canada beats Sweden 2-1 in a SO..........but they're really playing undisciplined with over 20 penalties in 2 games.

Team doesn't look very together.......we'll see on Wed.

Finland could be the upset team as they trounced the yanks..........5-1.
GBerry
join:2011-06-12
Guelph, ON

GBerry

It's pre-tournament exhibition. Doesn't exactly mean a whole lot.

That said, Canada looked like a bunch of bums in today's game. Penalty parade as tsn called it. Eventually they will get some chemistry playing together and will start to deliver. Not a big deal. Yet.

Hard to say with how much time they spent on the PK but IMO they are nowhere near as good as the 2005 Grand Forks squad. The 2005 team steamrolled everyone. This year looks to be in for a rough round robin.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to ZZZZZZZ

Mod

to ZZZZZZZ
Is this late Christmas night or early Boxing Day morning? I'm watching exciting hockey so I'm kinda jonesing for a beer.

Canada up 4-1 midway through the 2nd. Some undisciplined play by Team Canada has resulted in a few silly penalties, but a pretty SHG is part of the scoring summary. Go Team Canada go!

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCORE SHOWN BELOW

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Canada beats the German's 9-3.....Nugent-Hopkins gets 5 points!

FaxCap

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by FaxCap:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCORE SHOWN BELOW

People who don't want to know the score before they watch an already-completed game via PVR or the like should stay out of threads about said game and stay off Twitter as well, rather than bitch about "not wanting to know the score because I haven't watched it yet".

Real fans were up at 0430h EST and watched the game live.

TopShelf
join:2010-06-25
·GCI

TopShelf to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

the OHL record is 25 games, by Kitchener...33 is one hell of a run...back in 2005 (when they had ties), London started the season going 29-0-2, which was a pretty good start...it's also the year they won the Memorial Cup...here's hoping this season is a repeat of that (considering they lost in the Memorial Cup finals last year).

Hehe.....you had this guy in net.

Fast forward 7 years and the word around our barn is most folks have more faith in the backup netminder.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Great start for the jrs,saw the game on replay.......too many kids around .

But the Spengler Cup was a surprise,with Pominville scoring in OT to beat Canada 2-1.......how is Pominville a German name?
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

said by ZZZZZZZ:

But the Spengler Cup was a surprise,with Pominville scoring in OT to beat Canada 2-1.......how is Pominville a German name?

Wasn't it switzerland who beat Canada? It was the Jr's playing germany yesterday?

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Pommenville isn't a German name, he is an American playing over there during the lockout...a TON of players are over there.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Pommenville isn't a German name, he is an American playing over there during the lockout...a TON of players are over there.

He is Canadian by birth but plays internationally for the US (his father in Canadian and his mother is American.. but he was raised in Canada)

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by BigSensFan:

He is Canadian by birth but plays internationally for the US

ah, i see he was born in Montreal...i didn't know that...i just assumed he was American as he played for the US teams internationally (like you said)...he must have made "that decision" in his younger years when you have the option to play for different countries.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

»www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/sto ··· d=412379

Russia beats the yanks.

And Canada could get a couple more suspensions for hits in the Slovakia game. :|(

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by ZZZZZZZ:

And Canada could get a couple more suspensions for hits in the Slovakia game. :|(

Bob McKenzie doesn't think so...he felt the elbow shot was a 5 minute penalty, but not worthy of a suspension...i think a 1 game suspension could be likely...Camara's hit was clean, even the ref's said so, so it shouldn't be a suspension...no one wants to see someone get hurt, but come on, keep your damn head up...this isn't Sunday morning pick-up hockey.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· WWQ24wVg

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by dirtyjeffer0:

...Camara's hit was clean, even the ref's said so, so it shouldn't be a suspension

I've been hearing this from not too long after the hit was made.
So who called the penalty or better yet who pulled the ref's chain?!

Somebody must have phoned down and talked to the refs while they
were putting the kid on the stretcher.

FaxCap

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

there is actually a clause in one of the rules where a ref MAY call a penalty when a player is injured in a play...it's one of those "international" rules...it's one of the challenging parts for Canadian (or American or other players who play in "our leagues") when they play in "International Hockey" as they are more about the skill and less about the physicality...of course, dirty play is also somewhat rampant in that hockey, as is excessive diving (sure, some players in the NHL/OHL do it as well, but not to the extent they do it overseas).