to vue666

Re: World JR hockey thread

USA, USA, USA.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
A kid from California is one of the stars for the USA...

How can anyone say Americans don't like hockey after watching the excitement on the USA bench after the game buzzer....

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
Good job by Team USA. and time for Don Cherry rants.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

The Americans had kids from 13 different states including Texas, Florida and California...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
quote:
How can anyone say Americans don't like hockey after watching the excitement on the USA bench after the game buzzer.
»[NHL] [WJH] World Juniors Hockey! woohoo!

this thread was started on the 26th and there hasn't even been 1 response to it..............that's how much americans care about jr hockey=[or hockey at all]!

They're too busy with football............they may have deserved to win and I haven't seen the game yet,but the way this tournament is setup has to change,cause it comes down to a 1 game matchup regardless of how many games you've lost.

Yanks lost twice to our none and yet they advance because of 1 game?

I'm not saying Canada deserved to be there,cause they really didn't after that shellacking by the yanks.............but the format really isn't well done.

loosedobbs
Toronto

loosedobbs to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
May be Americans have life and don't want to spend time posting here... or create a new thread for every sports event.

Some people just cant take Americans are Champ.

And did anybody see Russians Taunting Canadian players in the end?
Man that will burn Don cherry. But he should not twit some crap as he is married to a non Canadian. or is it Russian?
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned)

His first wife, Rose is an American. His current wife I believe is from the Ukraine...

AND IF Americans don't like hockey, why are they now one of the hockey powerhouses along with Canada, Russia, Sweden, Finland? Someone must like hockey... I believe the IIHF website lists the USA second only to Canada for hickey players, rinks, etc...

Let's face it, other countries have caught up to Canada when it comes to hockey... I can recall when I first started watching hockey in the 1960's and Tommy Williams was the only American in the NHL...

TopShelf
join:2010-06-25
·GCI

TopShelf to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

The Americans had kids from 13 different states including Texas, Florida and California...

Western Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area to be exact) had four players on the team.

This American loves hockey in all its forms from peewees, midgets, mites, high school, juniors, college, minors, and finally, the NHL.

I've been up for more than 24 hours straight. I watched both medal games live. That's love for the game, folks!

I'm ready for a nap.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

shaner

Premium Member

Yep, I've been telling everyone for a while about the quality of play in WPA. When I first move there in '84, you couldn't find a hockey rink to save your life. Mario changed all that. Yes, football is still king there, but hockey isn't far behind. And my friends and family are all hockey fans and have been for decades.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Subban is the only reason Canada was even close in this game...........WTH didn't he start

Spott was definitely not the coach for this team,he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to ZZZZZZZ

MVM

to ZZZZZZZ
The entire coaching and management team shouldn't even be allowed within 6 blocks of the next Canadian Junior Team. They simply sucked and had no right to be even remotely involved right from the beginning as they were lazy incompetent fools who don't understand the makings of a championship team. In fact for the kids involved this was actually detrimental to their professional career aspirations, in short it was a total loss for everyone involved.

Blake

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Pretty goal by the Russians,but we had a couple of chances and didn't finish............and it was a great hockey game.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
My friend in Maryland is an huge Capitals fan and hockey fan in general. He asked me if Forsberg on the Swede team is a relative of Peter? My friend is interested as Forsberg is a Capitals prospect... I told me I believe he is his son but not too sure... Anyone?

Not sure what tv station he was watching the game on in Maryland...

He also tells me that the Washington DC area is Redskins country. He said the Capitals would be second in popularity...

loosedobbs
Toronto

1 recommendation

loosedobbs

said by vue666:

My friend in Maryland is an huge Capitals fan and hockey fan in general. He asked me if Forsberg on the Swede team is a relative of Peter? My friend is interested as Forsberg is a Capitals prospect... I told me I believe he is his son but not too sure... Anyone?

Not sure what tv station he was watching the game on in Maryland...

He also tells me that the Washington DC area is Redskins country. He said the Capitals would be second in popularity...

"Forsberg’s biggest on-ice, influence, apart from his father Patrik who used to play in Sweden’s second tier league and in Norway’s top league, is former NHLer and Swedish hockey star Peter Forsberg. And no, they’re not related".

Filip Forsberg Shows Off Fancy Stickhandling During Warm-Ups

»www.russianmachineneverb ··· rospect/

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

1 recommendation

dirtyjeffer0 to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
not related...Forsberg is a somewhat common last name in Sweden...likely not "Smith" common, but fairly common nonetheless.