Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4

Re: [Rant] UPS has horrible service.

said by J E F F4:

I called Apple and they said they didn't send the request. Seems that the shipper refers to UPS.

Yea but it doesnt say shipper it sends sender. Unless apple paid for ground service which has a specified time window and because of christmas season, the drivers ran late which means after the evening cut off for ground, UPS will deliver it tomorrow because apple only paid for ground with a time frame of 9-5 for example and it wouldnt make it due to volume. makes somewhat sense especially since the exception talks about the commit time for your area.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

said by swintec:

Unless apple paid for ground service which has a specified time window and because of christmas season, the drivers ran late which means after the evening cut off for ground, UPS will deliver it tomorrow because apple only paid for ground with a time frame of 9-5 for example and it wouldnt make it due to volume.

To the best of my knowledge, the shipper cannot indicate a delivery time "window". The only time-sensitive options the shipper has is with 1-day or 2-day deliveries and you can specify to deliver BEFORE a few times (like 8am, 10:30am, and 3pm). That's for BUSINESS addresses too. Residential has different times, at least for the afternoon.

And UPS will hardly not deliver on a day due to volume. Their drivers are now out until 8 or 9pm.