Search similar:

uniqs

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to NetDog

to NetDog

Re: [IPv6] Comcast IPv6 Gives Address But No Default Gateway

Are both customers using the same or similar family router like from the 2011 E series or 2012 EA series routers?

However, I really don't think it's the router because with how popular these two series are, there would be more customers affected and I haven't heard seen anything similar to this yet. Could it be possible that the modem wasn't provisioned correctly on the account?

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

Are both customers using the same or similar family router like from the 2011 E series or 2012 EA series routers?

However, I really don't think it's the router because with how popular these two series are, there would be more customers affected and I haven't heard seen anything similar to this yet. Could it be possible that the modem wasn't provisioned correctly on the account?

The issue must be modem related, bootfile or something.. One user has a SB6120 the other SB6121. One user has a ASUS RT-N66U (I know for a fact this works) and the other has a Cisco E3200. One tested directly with a Windows 7 PC without seeing the RA's.

Not the same CMTS, not even close..

Both are not seeing the RA's coming from the CMTS, but other customers on the same CMTS's are working.

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu to NetDog

MVM

to NetDog
said by NetDog:

said by koitsu:

Router model is an Asus RT-N16, presently running TomatoUSB Toastman firmware tomato-K26USB-1.28.0500.5MIPSR2Toastman-RT-N-Ext.trx with IPv6 disabled (and if you need me to enable + test it let me know -- I have done so in the past with 100% success, but with these firmware/router adjustments needing to be applied to make things work).

I have been told people got Tomato working with DHCPv6-PD support.. Have you tried it lately? Latest code that is..

The workarounds in the 3rd link are still needed today (at least with TomatoUSB Toastman builds). The reason is that there are conflicting situations (ISPs mainly); for example the workaround is correct for Comcast here in the states, but causes breakage when used with some ISPs in Australia. So it's not something that Toastman, at this point, feels comfortable committing.

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

1 edit

NetDog to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer

said by NetFixer See Profile
I am using an SB6121:
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.8-SCM01-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 5.0

I connect to a Cadant CMTS: (CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:3c:f4:48) located in Murfreesboro, TN.

NetFixer,

Can you PM me your CM MAC please or if you know the bootfile you have on your device please. I would like to change "dabomb4097" device to the same bootfile and see if that is the issue.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to NetDog

to NetDog
This is definitely troubling.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

And even more so for those who are actually experiencing this anomaly.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

4 recommendations

whfsdude to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

I don't mean to hijack the thread but this has to be said.

I'd say this is all really awesome and positive for the Internet community. You have an ISP aggressively deploying IPv6 and pushing the CPE vendors.

Active community engagement and open dialog with power users to hammer out the bugs.

If every ISP acted like this, we wouldn't be sitting at 2% adoption in North America.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

3 recommendations

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by whfsdude:

said by Mike Wolf:

I don't mean to hijack the thread but this has to be said.

I'd say this is all really awesome and positive for the Internet community. You have an ISP aggressively deploying IPv6 and pushing the CPE vendors.

Active community engagement and open dialog with power users to hammer out the bugs.

If every ISP acted like this, we wouldn't be sitting at 2% adoption in North America.

Can anyone imagine AT&T working one on one with individual residential or small business customers to get IPv6 working? Can anyone image AT&T even getting native IPv6 working for anyone other than a few select enterprise level customers?

There is a reason why I use 10 year old routers that have a snowball's chance in hell of ever being upgraded to support IPv6 to connect to my backup AT&T connection. Although, the Mayan Calendar that the TRENDnet router uses may force me to replace it after the upcoming Winter Solstice.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

1 recommendation

Mike Wolf to whfsdude

to whfsdude
Very true.

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

1 recommendation

NetDog to dabomb4097

Premium Member

to dabomb4097
Issue found, I am working on getting the fix in a change window. Standby, and no it wasn't the cable modem

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

So what was the issue?

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

1 recommendation

NetDog

Premium Member

said by Mike Wolf:

So what was the issue?

A setting on the cable mac needed to be reset. So that is why it only affected a single cable mac domain, or why one customer would work but the other would not.
dabomb4097
join:2012-12-13
Willowbrook, IL

dabomb4097

said by NetDog:

A setting on the cable mac needed to be reset. So that is why it only affected a single cable mac domain, or why one customer would work but the other would not.

Whatever NetDog did seems to have fixed the problem on my end.

Thanks again!

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by dabomb4097:

said by NetDog:

Whatever NetDog did seems to have fixed the problem on my end.

Thanks again!

Cool I am glad we got it..

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to NetDog

to NetDog
yay! glad to hear it wasn't a customer equipment issue