how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dabomb4097

join:2012-12-13
Willowbrook, IL

[IPv6] Router Gets IPv6 IP and DNS but no Default Gateway

tl;dr - Motorola SB6121 + Cicso E3200 Router gets IPv6 IP address and DNS Servers but no Default Gateway.

The whole story:

So, I recently moved a couple miles away and transferred my Comcast service.

At my previous house I had a leased UBee DDM3513 modem with a Cisco/Linksys E3200 router. I had fully functional native dual-stack IPv6 connectivity.

At the new house, the tech swapped the UBee for a Cisco DPC3000 that does not support IPv6 during some troubleshooting. I asked for a v6 modem but he said that was all he had on his truck.

I fixed this by purchasing my own v6 compatible Motorola SB6121 to replace the non-v6 Cisco, and eliminate the monthly rental fee. The modem activated just fine, but I can't get IPv6 working. My E3200 router receives an IP Address (2601: ...) and DNS servers on the v6 side, but it shows 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 for the Default Gateway, like its not getting one.

IPv4 works fine. Any ideas why I'm getting an IP and DNS but no Default Gateway when I enable IPv6 on my Cisco E3200 router?

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

Not sure why you find it necessary to create two nearly identical threads, but my guess (and advice) hasn't changed since this post in your other thread: »Re: [IPv6] Comcast IPv6 Gives Address But No Default Gateway
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.