uniqs
share rss forum feed

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium
join:2004-09-11
Woburn, MA

Ford Freestyle 2007 and XM Radio

I've got a Ford Freestyle 2007 that has the satalite antenna built in and everything but the previous owner removed their radio and it's been replaced with just a stock radio with no XM. Does anyone know if I can buy the original radio that would have XM and an Aux in connection?

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
Could get one on eBay, pretty sure that year the XM was external, so if the car had it ( and only the radio was changed ) getting the correct head end might work.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Edrick
said by Edrick:

I've got a Ford Freestyle 2007 that has the satalite antenna built in and everything but the previous owner removed their radio and it's been replaced with just a stock radio with no XM. Does anyone know if I can buy the original radio that would have XM and an Aux in connection?

Ford does not come with XM from the factory. If it had a factory installed satellite radio it would be Sirius. Yes they are the same company, but the systems are still different.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium
join:2004-09-11
Woburn, MA
I don't believe it came with it from the factory from what they told me the previous owner had the XM added in, the antenna is part of the roof now. So I would guess the connection to the antenna is just sitting in the dash behind the existing radio. Apparently the previous owner had a radio with GPS / Satellite radio but took it. So I've got a sharkfin on the roof of the car for that.