openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to xrobertcmx

Premium Member

to xrobertcmx

Re: Are you guys crazy?!?

said by xrobertcmx:

The carrier that installed it was given substantial tax breaks, rights of way, and told they don't have to lease the lines.

Seems like you're playing both sides of the argument. You appear to be disagreeing with the comment that fiber is too expensive, yet you highlight mechanisms that can be used as carrots on sticks to help reduce costs. VZ stopped focusing on FiOS so that it could reallocate resources to the LTE build. Lets wait for the LTE build to be done before continuously whining about the FiOS build temporarily being halted.
xrobertcmx
Premium Member
join:2001-06-18
White Plains, MD

xrobertcmx

Premium Member

The bit about it being o expensive was sarcasm. I believe and sadly hope that Verizon, at&t, and company will be forced to continue the build. I have 30/30 internet, no one else offers that. Not here, and no, LTE is not the solution. A big radio sitting outside my window does not do it for me, nor do caps, overages, and higher bills.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

The whole post seemed sarcastic, that's why I was trying to decipher. As for "forcing", don't count on it. Encouraging/Enticing, yes, forcing, no. Wireless is an option for a lot of people. Not everyone, but many. Technologies should not be discounted as we try to expand coverage and connectivity.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

said by openbox9:

The whole post seemed sarcastic, that's why I was trying to decipher. As for "forcing", don't count on it. Encouraging/Enticing, yes, forcing, no. Wireless is an option for a lot of people. Not everyone, but many. Technologies should not be discounted as we try to expand coverage and connectivity.

severely capped wireless is not a serious option.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Please don't read more into my posts than I actually type.