spc
uniqs
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316 to vtanyav

to vtanyav

Re: [Homephone] How to Locate a residential NID and FIBE

They won't "upgrade" each jack to Fibe. Only one jack will work for Fibe Tv and Internet.

Fow the wirecare, Bell will repair your existing wiring and/or jacks. If you're wire are behind the walls, don't count on them to replace the wire inside. They will staple on the wall.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

onestly, wirecare is no different than hiring a contractor, may cost u just as msuch, however if u really "really" need proper jacks, just hire someone or do it yourself, its not hard, i did my hole hosue myself

vtanyav
@rogers.com

vtanyav to phily316

Anon

to phily316
Thanks phily316:

They won't "upgrade" each jack to Fibe. Only one jack will work for Fibe Tv and Internet.

Don't understand
I need TV and INTERNET in several rooms

Fow the wirecare, Bell will repair your existing wiring and/or jacks. If you're wire are behind the walls, don't count on them to replace the wire inside. They will staple on the wall.

Because they could not find the NID, they ended up splicing a jack and stapled.

Thanks Paolo:

onestly, wirecare is no different than hiring a contractor, may cost u just as msuch,

I think Wirecare is about $2.00 a month - Contractors are far more here.

however if u really "really" need proper jacks, just hire someone or do it yourself, its not hard, i did my hole hosue myself

The jacks are all there (they have been installed over the years). They attach to the *lost* NID.
I want to change to BELL FIBE from the "other company" here.
I want to have internet and CABLE with BELL) I only have telephone with BELL right now.

I want to keep the jacks that have been installed. I cannot afford to have all the jacks redone. I don't want wireless for the telephone.
I assume one cannot use the regular phone line for the phones and have FIBE only for TV and Internet?

The technician (1 of them) told me that I would only need 1 or 2 wireless phones for all the jacks to function without wireless.

Thank you.

xbell
@cgocable.net

xbell

Anon

said by vtanyav :

Wirecare is around $7.00 and you need a year commitment on a repair. Bell stats show that the rate of return amortized over the average ISW repair is $1500.00. It' cheaper to hire a one time private repair tech like me. There is a way to trace the NID to within a few inches and people hire me to do it all the time. Then trace the circuits that it's not economical to re-fish and consolidate with new cat. 5 or 3.

vtanyav
@rogers.com

vtanyav

Anon

said by xbell :

said by vtanyav :

Wirecare is around $7.00 and you need a year commitment on a repair. Bell stats show that the rate of return amortized over the average ISW repair is $1500.00. It' cheaper to hire a one time private repair tech like me. There is a way to trace the NID to within a few inches and people hire me to do it all the time.

I already have wire care.
Thanks