spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jaberi

join:2010-08-13

You created it, so now we will steal it and sell it cheaper

A Toronto-area entrepreneur has launched a social media campaign in which she claims that grocery retail giant Loblaw made “detrimental errors” in distributing her frozen yogurt, leading her to financial ruin.

Amanda House posted a four-minute video that addressed Galen Weston Jr., the executive chairman of Loblaw Companies Ltd., on Monday pleading with him to “do the right thing.”

»ca.news.yahoo.com/frozen-yogurt-···645.html

jaberi

majority of the people love a cheaper price, and that is how box giants survive....people are not into socializing when they shop, so the local butcher might find himself with no one to tell his story to...

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
reply to jaberi
Looks like he's going to visit with her.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
i saw this on yahoo news, its sad that a distributor can walk away from a deal with a small supplier and this happens, the small suppliers strive on their deals to survive.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
said by Paolo:

i saw this on yahoo news, its sad that a distributor can walk away from a deal with a small supplier and this happens, the small suppliers strive on their deals to survive.

But nothing that a little negative publicity can't help, at least a little bit anyway.

Years ago there were no outlets for people to use; now we have YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and forums, and the more people who connect to these outlets the more others will see these large companies for what they really are.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada
umm we had newspapers for over 100 years.

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
Newspapers are owned by corporations, answerable to their advertisers, which includes grocery chains.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada
newspapers also have competitors, and there is also tv shows like marketplace, w5 and others as well. just because youtube is new does not mean people had no outlets to use before, they did, dont forget, youtube is also owned by a big corporation, guess which one?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Doesn't matter. Anyone can upload to youtube, post it to their 200 friends on facebook and twitter, and get the ball rolling.

Now, there have always been newspapers, radio shows, tv shows, but you'd be very lucky to have your story told, since everyone and their uncle have a sob story to tell you.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Paolo
said by Paolo:

newspapers also have competitors, and there is also tv shows like marketplace, w5 and others as well. just because youtube is new does not mean people had no outlets to use before, they did, dont forget, youtube is also owned by a big corporation, guess which one?

What you are missing is that TV stations/networks are also beholden to their advertisers.

Marketplace is not, simply because it's CBC and they run no ads during the show. However Marketplace can be very one sided , pushing a story with only one side to it.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to jaberi
I wonder, do the majority of people even want whey powered adulterated frozen yogurt?

On the plus side they use real sugar and not HFCS or other cheap sugar substitutes.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to jaberi
i heard about the distribution issues last year, i'm surprised it's come to this.

jaberi

i have to agree with Jeff.....one would be lucky to have your story told...these days the social media is instantly out there for everyone to read..

does anyone think the big box family will settle with this woman quietly and compensate her financially, or drag it out and let the courts decide if they have broken any laws?

Grappler

join:2002-09-01
Ottawa, ON
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Marketplace is not, simply because it's CBC and they run no ads during the show.

You have not watched the show in the past couple of years, have you.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by Grappler:

said by elwoodblues:

Marketplace is not, simply because it's CBC and they run no ads during the show.

You have not watched the show in the past couple of years, have you.

I watch it on the web all the time.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to jaberi
The reality is that new products even if they are good will fail to attract buyers. Its possible that the company mishandled the rollout, however just because its available to stores does not mean the store manager will stock it. It seems they expected the deal was an absolute guarantee that they would make money and live happily ever-after.

Given the media spotlight I expect something will happen, however only if she drops the suit.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to jaberi
Going viral on Social Media can also backfire. It sometimes underlines the weakness of your claim and this can cause Big Business to dig in their heels and refuse to settle.
Hers is an impassioned & non-threatening (IMO) plea.

analog andy

join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC
reply to jaberi
So lesson learned here is if you think you gonna get rich off the backs of giant box stores you'd better think twice.

Hey I'd be excited too of Walmart/Loblaws took on my brand but they didn't get that big by being nice. So entrepreneur beware...

jaberi

isn't the big box store a good deal to sell to for an entrepreneur, where else can they sell the quantity to if not a big box store, and make some money?

Grappler

join:2002-09-01
Ottawa, ON
reply to elwoodblues
The web broadcast is different; the television broadcast has now had commercials for at least the last couple of years. I also watch shows on the web, whereby the commercial breaks are half what is shown on television and I can also pick up a show at the point I usually fall asleep during the television broadcast.

Crazycanuck

@reliablehosting.com
reply to jaberi
Lobalws screwed my father over $125 000. He paid the company for used equipment in a grocery store. The ended up selling the equipment a 2nd time, not sure about the amount. These people are slime, they even admitted to the buyer we previous purchased the equipment.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
reply to J E F F
Those buying the groceries and paying for them are not the ones who are going to be moved by a YouTube video, especially one about an overpriced yogurt.

booj

join:2011-02-07
Richmond, ON
said by digitalfutur:

Those buying the groceries and paying for them are not the ones who are going to be moved by a YouTube video, especially one about an overpriced yogurt.

Speak for yourself. The video does give me some pause, which I will consider when I next find myself inside a store that sells PC products (eg. the only grocery store in my town).