Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939 to tubbynet

Premium Member

to tubbynet

Re: Overpriced Not Overpowered

said by tubbynet:

said by sk1939:

From looking at the images, the routers are either Cisco 3925s, 3945s, or 3945E's. That means that they can handle between 1 and 10 gigs of traffic apiece

please. no more than a couple hundred megs on the 3945e with no services.

q.

True, in practice, although the router performance table says otherwise. I do know a number of companies that have put them in for gigabit connections, strictly routing though.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by sk1939:

True, in practice, although the router performance table says otherwise. I do know a number of companies that have put them in for gigabit connections, strictly routing though.

routerperformance.pdf uses 64-byte packets to determine throughput. the important number is taking pps and multiply by (ideally) 1500bytes or (realistically) the standard imix rule of ((1500+64)/2).
the companies that put them in may have gigabit 'handoffs' -- but the router in no way will push 1gbe of traffic. isr-g2 are software driven platforms -- so *anything* on the router will have to be cpu-driven.
for 1gbe applications -- you'll need to jump to an asr1000-series, an old 7206vxr/npe-g2, or some hardware-based routing platforms (i.e. multilayer switch).

q.
« Sadly
This is a sub-selection from Overpriced Not Overpowered