how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: [Contest] 12 DAYS of GIVEAWAYS

Contest = scam itself. Liking things less and less here at TSI, slowly, but less

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TwiztedZero

hi I am from Montreal, Quebec.

for many months now I am required to pay QST for my 16/1 dsl connection with teksavvy.

If you're required to collect QST, why am I still barred from entering your fancy giveaway?

I know the Quebec laws are crazy and cumbersome but common, you charge me QST so go that extra mile to allow folks like myself to be eligible.

(plus FB sucks as bad as their stock did)

metalhawk

join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

»www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.q···R6_A.htm

Most of the time, it's just not worth it for companies to jump through all those extra hoops to allow Quebec citizens to enter a contest.

kragop

join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Nice holiday promo and all, but not for me if it requires facebook...

You should set up an alternative entry method.

I agree with you! I'm not a facebook person, and so I guess I'm excluded from the competition.

I didn't even know this competition was going on. I check email regularly and didn't receive a notification of the competition.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

Ya gotta keep ur eyes peeled for these things, TekSavvy is known for having these contests at certain times of the year. Usually your vectors are the TSI website, forum, DSLreports, Facebook & Twitter. Of course it helps to have someone like me to give a heads up when I see these events, I realize not everyone participates on FB or Twitter so usually I'll do a thread on any events I do see, just to keep my fellow DSLr's in the loop.

I must echo other people's setiments though that maybe TekSavvy might use our CID/OID's to draw from instead of the FB route, yanno like keep it in the fambly eh? I'd rather compete against the other 80,000 TSI customers rather than millions of professional FB-contestants who subscribe to hundreds of thousands of FB-based contests as a hobby. it takes some of the fairness and fun out of it all.

--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

kragop

join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to CrazyCanuckz

The big deal is that I was looking forward to this. I've come to see it as a Teksavvy annual tradition, where customers have a chance to win something exciting. Most importantly, the big deal is that we are being excluded from the possibility of winning a prize because some of us, like me, don't use facebook, twitter, or any other form of social networking, as we value or privacy. Hence, Teksavvy's marketing department, didn't think the contest through, and limited the entry options to those that have access via social networking sites. Furthermore, the contest was not communicated via e-mail to customers, yet again excluding potential entrants.

In essence, Teksavvy violated its own commitment to its customers: "At TekSavvy, we are committed to giving our customers the best Internet service possible. In fact, we pride ourselves on that: on being able to give you faster speeds and more bandwidth than you thought possible, all for a great price, with great customer service, and with no contracts and no hidden fees. Focusing on the bolded areas of this statement, it becomes evident that Teksavvy's commitment is also to provide great customer service.

However, this was not case in this situation. Part of providing good customer service is to conduct activities and events that enhance the level of customer service, create feelings of community, and bring together employees and customers in a neutral atmosphere. In this situation this was not case. Certain clients are left feeling excluded, and clearly the contest itself is exclusive to those that are able to access it via social networking sites. I can safely now assert that a customer disservice was done here.

It should also be noted that I could not locate the exact definition of delivering "great customer service" on Teksavvy's website. Therefore, the term they used is vague and ambiguous. There are different levels of delivering "great customer service", and its not clear if Teksavvy's feels that this contest met its internal level of delivering customer service. Clearly, if marketing felt that this contest was ready to be rolled, than it could be asserted that it must have met some internal form of quality control that indicated this contest, in spite of its exclusionary practices, was ready to be rolled out.

Regardless, I will still be a Teksavvy client tomorrow- I'm not cancelling my service over a contest. I'm just ticked that a more inclusive approach was not taken.

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

1 recommendation

I just hope for next year, after they find out no customers won.. and half the winners don't even know what teksavvy is, they make it customers only.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to kragop

I'm hopeful they'll rectify this in March, if & when they have the Pot of Gold sweepstakes thing again. It just needs to be focused on account holders at large; (and maybe make provisions for the Quebec customers as well through the new Gatineau office).
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

Its almost Over

Click here to go there!

Playstation 3, 160GB System | Internet Player with Google TV | Sony 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player | Sony 3D Blu-Ray Home Theatre System | Sony VAIO Duo 11 Ultrabook | Sony 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player | Internet Player with Google TV | Sony 3D Blu-Ray Home Theatre System | Sony A37K DSLR Camera & Lens | Internet Player with Google TV | 46" Sony Bravia LED HX750 Internet HDTV | 55" Sony Bravia LED HX750 Internet HDTV

--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

evil_gusgus

join:2008-04-14
London, ON

We are on day 10 of giveaways and not one giveaway since day 6?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

Apparently the TSI Marketing Team controls the contest.
So we'll have to just keep checking in to see who won the subsequent Days 7,8,9 & 10.

And yes I'm just as anxious as the rest of you to know the results.
Its a bit off putting that they haven't continued to post Winners since the middle of the contest - Marketing went on holidays, we assume.

Odd though that while the Marketing team is "away", they're still posting promo's about it on the Facebook page.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

Said by: Teksavvy Solutions Inc.
Father time is watching. There's only one day left to enter the 12 Days of Giveaways. Enter now and you could be the lucky winner of a Sony 55" LED 3D Internet TV. Wouldn't this look perfect in your home?

Enter Here - LAST CHANCES! While Theres Still Time!
--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

And now, we await the final VERDICT

I just hope at least ONE of the TWELVE winners was an actual TekSavvy Customer.

GOOD LUCK!
And if you win, let us know here in the Filewinners file thread.

Meanwhiles: Heres hoping beyond hope that I might be the one. (crosses fingers)

--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to chrisl83

said by chrisl83:

I just hope for next year, after they find out no customers won.. and half the winners don't even know what teksavvy is, they make it customers only.

Haha yeah I wonder...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

said by HiVolt:

said by chrisl83:

Haha yeah I wonder...

Well later this year I expect there will be another Pot of Gold sweepstakes in March? So Y'all better let Teksavvy know you want this one done up right from the get go so TSI Customers can get in on it. And I guess thats gona be a whole other thread and make sure TSI's Marketing Dept. Knows!

--
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Nemo888

join:2005-12-25
Canada
reply to TwiztedZero

Only one prize won by a customer in the Teksavvy customer appreciation contest.

You look so stupid right now. When I think of the Teksavvy brand I feel mildly annoyed. You paid wads of money to annoy people and produce the opposite result of what you wanted.

Great marketing job.

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1

said by Nemo888:

Only one prize won by a customer in the Teksavvy customer appreciation contest.

You look so stupid right now. When I think of the Teksavvy brand I feel mildly annoyed. You paid wads of money to annoy people and produce the opposite result of what you wanted.

Great marketing job.

Actually, it WAS a great marketing job. The fact that 11/12 winners were not customers means there's a pretty good chance that a lot of non-customers entered (either that, or Teksavvy customers are just REALLY unlucky!). Sure, lots of entrants were only in it to win and don't even care what a Teksavvy is, but I'll bet they'll get a few converts out of this contest.

Bhruic

join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Nemo888

I don't know where you got the idea this was a "customer appreciation contest", as nowhere on the contest page did it state any such thing. In fact, since you don't have to be a customer to sign up for the contest, concluding that it had anything to do with current customers is quite silly.

What they did is get a bunch of people on Facebook to advertise for them. It was evidentally pretty successful considering how many non-customers won, as that means non-customers (or potential customers) would have got exposure to TSI's Facebook presence. Whether or not that exposure translates into more signups is hard to determine, but regardless, "great marketing job" is probably warranted, just not with the sarcasm I assume you attached to your statement of it.

SHARPSHARK

join:2002-05-10
reply to TwiztedZero

Looks like I've totally missed this giveaway. I was too busy with the shoveling, the overtime and the Windows 8 Pro upgrade. Last time, it was the $99 upgrade fee in March. I think I'm due to add this RSS feed.

Happy New Year! :V
--
SHARPSHARK