uniqs
share rss forum feed

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: [Contest] 12 DAYS of GIVEAWAYS

Yup I don't do facebook eiither. Make available on Twitter then that's OK.

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada
reply to UK_Dave
mmmmm, maids a milking

distr0

join:2007-05-03
St George Brant, ON
reply to AkFubar
or, you know... not require a 3rd party social media site to run your promotion. sure, make it an option, but not a requirement

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
reply to TwiztedZero
Crap, I woke up and realized I gave an incorrect kudos. I don't use Facebook either.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

dgass

join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to TwiztedZero
Requires Facebook....? No Thanks! Let those that are not cattle enter as well please.

Bugblndr

join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
I'm glad it's on Facebook, it eliminates a lot of people and increases my odds of winning.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to TwiztedZero
TPB as it Trailer Park Boys not The Pirate Bay... LOL

drjp81

join:2006-01-09
canada
reply to TwiztedZero
Sweet, except it discriminates people that have no facebook and don't want facebook.
--
Cheers!

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
I don't do social media because they are too footloose and fancy free with their privacy policies and every update they push seems to make some chunk or other of private info suddenly available tot he public.

And I can't make much sense of facebook since they converted to these "timeline" pages. It's just a royal jumble!

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
reply to TwiztedZero
Deleted my fb after years of use in May, do NOT plan on going back for a damned contest.
--
I hate rogers and their CRAP tech. support... But, MAJOR kudos to the TekSavvy team!

Reboot123

join:2012-07-05
Montreal, QC
reply to TwiztedZero
Contest not valid for residents of Quebec...

drjp81

canada
said by Reboot123:

Contest not valid for residents of Quebec...

[Sarcastic slow clap] Wow. I feel so appreciated [/Sarcastic slow clap]
--
Cheers!

UK_Dave

join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
It's probably because the Quebec premiere was the only one out of them all who didn't join in with the This Hour Has 22 Minutes Christmas Special yesterday.....

Payback's a bitch.

drjp81

canada
Lemme edit that for ya.
premiere's a bitch
--
Cheers!

UK_Dave

join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON
Heh heh...

Touche!

cmotors

join:2011-01-28
reply to TwiztedZero
It was exciting news until I found out it is on facebook. Oh well, my personal happiness is more important than a contest.

shudwein
OG

join:2001-10-12
Canada

1 recommendation

reply to TwiztedZero
One of these days, they should add "No Facebook necessary" along with "No purchase necessary."

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to cmotors
Well if you really, REALLY, want to know what the prizes are... PM me - because I'm not going to post them here and ruin the "fun" for those who do go to facebook.

And I can tell you right now, these prizes are WAY BETTER than last years contest. When they had the Boxee Boxes.
--
IF TREE = FALL AND PEOPLE = ZERO THEN SOUND = 0
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

PlatooN

join:2007-02-13
Kitchener, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Facebook only

no thanks

never have never will.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Yeah for contest!

Boo for use of Facebook.... oh well another good contest goes on to waste on that silly blue webpage.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Torabo
said by Torabo:

I'd rather not use facebook than "have a chance" at winning some random prize anyhow

+1

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Nice holiday promo and all, but not for me if it requires facebook...

You should set up an alternative entry method.

And better prizes for the non-Facebook users!!!

Etheric

join:2007-04-16
Guelph, ON
reply to Torabo
said by Torabo:

I'd rather not use facebook than "have a chance" at winning some random prize anyhow

+1

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
reply to TwiztedZero
Past years TSI had an entry form on their website for non-FB users. Not that it made a difference, I still didn't win a prize But here's hopin' they continue with that.

IMO they should put the entry form in the MyWorld portal if they want to limit it to current customers.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
said by mactalla:

IMO they should put the entry form in the MyWorld portal if they want to limit it to current customers.

Now that would be NICE. While we're at it, why not prize packages for each POI eh?

metalhawk

join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
It's amazing how many people won't touch facebook with a 10-foot pole. I thought I was the only one.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by metalhawk:

It's amazing how many people won't touch facebook with a 10-foot pole. I thought I was the only one.

There's an ever growing number of people who are leaving it, in addition to people like me who have never had an account.

Sadly more people join than leave it, so they still make their bazillions off it.
--

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to mactalla
said by mactalla:

Past years TSI had an entry form on their website for non-FB users. Not that it made a difference, I still didn't win a prize But here's hopin' they continue with that.

Yeah, I hope they will still do that. And if they expect everyone to have a FB account, well they're sadly mistaken.

eruntalon

join:2007-10-18
reply to TwiztedZero
How do you know if someone doesn't use Facebook?

Don't worry, they'll let you know...

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31
said by eruntalon:

How do you know if someone doesn't use Facebook?

Don't worry, they'll let you know...

Yes, because it's so much more efficient to list all the services we don't use, instead of listing the services we do use.

We'll let you know, if you ask nicely. Or, in this case, if there's a prize involved, and Facebook is required to participate in the lottery, but we don't have a Facebook account, but we still want to participate anyway.

That TSI's customers must create and/or use an account with Facebook to participate is a consequence of an arbitrary decision by TSI, not a consequence of the inherent nature of the lottery.

Here's a better idea.

Since this is a lottery by TSI obviously intended for marketing purpose to increase their customer pool, remove the Facebook exclusivity altogether. Instead, use as many social media as possible, and then put a link to TSI's website, directing potential customers to a page where they can enter their email address without superfluous arbitrary requirements.

As it stands, now we have a link on TSI's website, pointing to the Facebook website, requiring potential customers to create and/or use a Facebook account, to participate in a lottery created by TSI. It's like TSI wants to promote Facebook, suggesting TSI is paid by Facebook for that.

I don't do Facebook. I might, if Facebook pays me.
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.