MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Torabo

Re: [Contest] 12 DAYS of GIVEAWAYS

said by Torabo:

I'd rather not use facebook than "have a chance" at winning some random prize anyhow

+1

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Nice holiday promo and all, but not for me if it requires facebook...

You should set up an alternative entry method.

And better prizes for the non-Facebook users!!!

Etheric

join:2007-04-16
Guelph, ON
kudos:1
reply to Torabo

said by Torabo:

I'd rather not use facebook than "have a chance" at winning some random prize anyhow

+1

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1
reply to TwiztedZero

Past years TSI had an entry form on their website for non-FB users. Not that it made a difference, I still didn't win a prize But here's hopin' they continue with that.

IMO they should put the entry form in the MyWorld portal if they want to limit it to current customers.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by mactalla:

IMO they should put the entry form in the MyWorld portal if they want to limit it to current customers.

Now that would be NICE. While we're at it, why not prize packages for each POI eh?

metalhawk

join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

It's amazing how many people won't touch facebook with a 10-foot pole. I thought I was the only one.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by metalhawk:

It's amazing how many people won't touch facebook with a 10-foot pole. I thought I was the only one.

There's an ever growing number of people who are leaving it, in addition to people like me who have never had an account.

Sadly more people join than leave it, so they still make their bazillions off it.
--

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to mactalla

said by mactalla:

Past years TSI had an entry form on their website for non-FB users. Not that it made a difference, I still didn't win a prize But here's hopin' they continue with that.

Yeah, I hope they will still do that. And if they expect everyone to have a FB account, well they're sadly mistaken.

eruntalon

join:2007-10-18
reply to TwiztedZero

How do you know if someone doesn't use Facebook?

Don't worry, they'll let you know...

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31

said by eruntalon:

How do you know if someone doesn't use Facebook?

Don't worry, they'll let you know...

Yes, because it's so much more efficient to list all the services we don't use, instead of listing the services we do use.

We'll let you know, if you ask nicely. Or, in this case, if there's a prize involved, and Facebook is required to participate in the lottery, but we don't have a Facebook account, but we still want to participate anyway.

That TSI's customers must create and/or use an account with Facebook to participate is a consequence of an arbitrary decision by TSI, not a consequence of the inherent nature of the lottery.

Here's a better idea.

Since this is a lottery by TSI obviously intended for marketing purpose to increase their customer pool, remove the Facebook exclusivity altogether. Instead, use as many social media as possible, and then put a link to TSI's website, directing potential customers to a page where they can enter their email address without superfluous arbitrary requirements.

As it stands, now we have a link on TSI's website, pointing to the Facebook website, requiring potential customers to create and/or use a Facebook account, to participate in a lottery created by TSI. It's like TSI wants to promote Facebook, suggesting TSI is paid by Facebook for that.

I don't do Facebook. I might, if Facebook pays me.
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been

join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to TwiztedZero

I see more and more reputable companies asking me to 'like" them on FB. Prizes and rewards are based on doing that. Personally, I think it's a pathetic, needy sounding marketing strategy. If there was a "hate you" function on FB ( is there? ) I might just be tempted to get a FB account just to "hate" the lot of them.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
reply to TwiztedZero

Facebook.. bah. I don't do facebook.

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON

1 edit
reply to mactalla

said by mactalla:

Past years TSI had an entry form on their website for non-FB users...

This image is from TSI's TWITTER page. It doesn't seem to include an active link, but I'm not a signed-in twitterer, nor do I Facebook.

They also have a typo on their main banner on that page too...
"TekSavvy Solutions Inc. believes in doing the right thing. We do this by treating people the way we would want to be treated. With honesty, respect and consider ___ "

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by jasmo34:

This image is from TSI's TWITTER page. It doesn't seem to include an active link, but I'm not a signed-in twitterer, nor do I Facebook.

They also have a typo on their main banner on that page too...
"TekSavvy Solutions Inc. believes in doing the right thing. We do this by treating people the way we would want to be treated. With honesty, respect and consider ___ "

Ah yeah the @TeksavvyBuzz page.

The typo on the banner (twitter headder image) is just there because it got trunicated theres a 160 character limit. I had to tweak my own a bit to get it the way I wanted (see my sig).

As for the active link for the facebook for the contest you'll have to use the link at the top of this page. Since you don't facebook I guess you won't be playing. The prizes are sh!t kicking awesome I tell ya!
--
IF TREE = FALL AND PEOPLE = ZERO THEN SOUND = 0
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Nice holiday promo and all, but not for me if it requires facebook...

You should set up an alternative entry method.

+1

FaceBORK = Evil = Personal Info Security Leak A-Waitin' to Happen.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

I don't do social media because they are too footloose and fancy free with their privacy policies and every update they push seems to make some chunk or other of private info suddenly available to the public....

Exactly !

No FB for me !

I did open a Twitter account when DSLR was down, back in the spring, but do not use it much since DSLR resumed and recovered.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
reply to JonyBelGeul

said by JonyBelGeul:

....I don't do Facebook. I might, if Facebook paid ME.

In MY case, it would depend upon the size of the bribe.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to TwiztedZero

Same here. If it requires Facebook, I'm not even going to bother.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to TwiztedZero

What I don't get is why even small companies get woodies for social media. I know they (TSI) have this new gal pushing the crap, but do they really think subs come from Facebook and Twitter? In the States, companies running contests seem to give you a mail in option too.

I was pumped about the yearly contest, until the Facebook requirement. Isn't TekSavvy the company that values privacy, but Mark Elliot Zuckerberg doesn't.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

probably because it doesn't cost them ANYTHING to use? seems like a good way to advertise.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
reply to TwiztedZero

I get why it's done. I personally don't think it advertises jack shit, pardon the French.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

I don't do Facebook either. Shame you don't have contest that rewards Teksavvy customers rather than Facebook users.

I don't agree with Facebook's corporate policies.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

All I hear is a Horde of Antifacebook Sheep going bah bah bah, and Me getting that many more chances to win, Thanks for not participating!
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

lleader

join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

George Clooney said it best:

"I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page." - George Clooney

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
reply to TwiztedZero

NOTHIN for the quebec!!

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to TwiztedZero

For all you whiney " i don't do facebook" people there are a 1000+ people who do and who will enjoy the prizes.

If they allow non-facebook users I shall file a complaint with anyone who listens that they changed the rules of the contest during the contest which is not allowed.

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to pldube

said by pldube:

NOTHIN for the quebec!!

Blame your laws. Quebec rules for contests are a pain and you will find most contests don't include Quebec.

As for Facebook, I find it very amusing when people call us sheep for not using Facebook. Enjoy the data mining! Enjoy defining your whole life by how many fake friends you have on Facebook.

drjp81

join:2006-01-09
canada

said by Jaxom:

said by pldube:

NOTHIN for the quebec!!

Blame your laws. Quebec rules for contests are a pain and you will find most contests don't include Quebec.

As for Facebook, I find it very amusing when people call us sheep for not using Facebook. Enjoy the data mining! Enjoy defining your whole life by how many fake friends you have on Facebook.

It's more a problem of jurisdiction than actual laws. But since efforts have to be made for Quebec regulations that do differ than the rest of the country, yes we are often excluded.

It was explained to me many years ago when I could not participate in sweepstakes from boxes of cereal....
--
Cheers!

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31
reply to rogersmogers

said by rogersmogers :

For all you whiney " i don't do facebook" people there are a 1000+ people who do and who will enjoy the prizes.

If they allow non-facebook users I shall file a complaint with anyone who listens that they changed the rules of the contest during the contest which is not allowed.

Lottery rules do not allow one to be required to adhere to anything in order to participate. It's the same as "no purchase necessary".
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.

funny

join:2010-12-22
reply to Jaxom

said by Jaxom:

I don't do Facebook either. Shame you don't have contest that rewards Teksavvy customers rather than Facebook users.

I don't agree with Facebook's corporate policies.

ya why not do this via the portal
i dont do faceplant either
i bet a ton of us teksavvy users won't touch that place either.