uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: [Contest] 12 DAYS of GIVEAWAYS

I get why it's done. I personally don't think it advertises jack shit, pardon the French.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

I don't do Facebook either. Shame you don't have contest that rewards Teksavvy customers rather than Facebook users.

I don't agree with Facebook's corporate policies.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

All I hear is a Horde of Antifacebook Sheep going bah bah bah, and Me getting that many more chances to win, Thanks for not participating!
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

lleader

join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

George Clooney said it best:

"I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page." - George Clooney

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
reply to TwiztedZero

NOTHIN for the quebec!!

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to TwiztedZero

For all you whiney " i don't do facebook" people there are a 1000+ people who do and who will enjoy the prizes.

If they allow non-facebook users I shall file a complaint with anyone who listens that they changed the rules of the contest during the contest which is not allowed.

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to pldube

said by pldube:

NOTHIN for the quebec!!

Blame your laws. Quebec rules for contests are a pain and you will find most contests don't include Quebec.

As for Facebook, I find it very amusing when people call us sheep for not using Facebook. Enjoy the data mining! Enjoy defining your whole life by how many fake friends you have on Facebook.

drjp81

join:2006-01-09
canada

said by Jaxom:

said by pldube:

NOTHIN for the quebec!!

Blame your laws. Quebec rules for contests are a pain and you will find most contests don't include Quebec.

As for Facebook, I find it very amusing when people call us sheep for not using Facebook. Enjoy the data mining! Enjoy defining your whole life by how many fake friends you have on Facebook.

It's more a problem of jurisdiction than actual laws. But since efforts have to be made for Quebec regulations that do differ than the rest of the country, yes we are often excluded.

It was explained to me many years ago when I could not participate in sweepstakes from boxes of cereal....
--
Cheers!

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31
reply to rogersmogers

said by rogersmogers :

For all you whiney " i don't do facebook" people there are a 1000+ people who do and who will enjoy the prizes.

If they allow non-facebook users I shall file a complaint with anyone who listens that they changed the rules of the contest during the contest which is not allowed.

Lottery rules do not allow one to be required to adhere to anything in order to participate. It's the same as "no purchase necessary".
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to Jaxom

said by Jaxom:

I don't do Facebook either. Shame you don't have contest that rewards Teksavvy customers rather than Facebook users.

I don't agree with Facebook's corporate policies.

ya why not do this via the portal
i dont do faceplant either
i bet a ton of us teksavvy users won't touch that place either.
Expand your moderator at work

funny0

reply to rogersmogers

said by rogersmogers :

so your saying its ok to discriminate against me because i value my safety security and privacy....ya go on be all you can be ....

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to rogersmogers

said by rogersmogers :

Booooooooooooooooooooo
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

user451

join:2011-01-07
Brampton, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

Meh

Thought I was signed up with Teksavvy, NOT Facebook which is just another corporate entity abusing our personal information for profit.

Getting rather annoyed with these FB only campaigns from various companies these days.

funny0

said by user451:

Meh

Thought I was signed up with Teksavvy, NOT Facebook which is just another corporate entity abusing our personal information for profit.

Getting rather annoyed with these FB only campaigns from various companies these days.

wish i could give mod points
all the time i had an account they had some people trying to find out whom i was all damn day by hook and crook it was awful and evil i tell ya the fact i never signed up using any real name address etc. haha...one of em even tried to follow me ot g+ and if i ever want to see if its still around i just say something like ...im gonna tell you all my real name and laugh at whom replies.....

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to TwiztedZero

Seeing as today is December 21, we're anticipating announcements on winners. Hopefully TSI will announce them here as well as on Twitter.

Good luck ALL!

BrettD
Premium
join:2009-12-26
Ottawa, ON

2 edits
reply to TwiztedZero

It is very disappointing and offensive that we, your customers, are required to share so much of our personal info via this contest entry FB app. I am on FB by necessity and minimize my use of it.

So I decided to try this process out so I could more fairly evaluate and comment on it.

For those of you who are on FB: I discovered that you can add a personal comment to the top of the mandatory message that the damn FB app jams on your wall. e.g. about what a crappy contest this is!

I think this contest is an indication that TSI does NOT know (or respect) its longtime customers. Even among the non-technical TSI customers I know, I witness a general anti-corporate (at least anti Bell and Rogers) feeling. And you force them to use FB to enter your contest? Fail, IMO.

From the TSI website front page: "We're different. In a good way".
Ya. Right.

IMHO, TSI would have done better to have a contest registration on its own website that would allow customers to recommend TSI to others via email,strengthening its brand as separate and different from the big corporations. And of course, people need to get to the TSI website to sign up for service! Why not send them there, as others have suggested?

People have complained about mandated FB use in the past. Why won't TSI listen?

Brett

nanook
Premium,MVM
join:2007-12-02
reply to TwiztedZero

Add me to the long list of customers who you've needlessly antagonized by making FaceBook a requirement for participation in this promotion.

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

Do I need to click on each and every day and re-enter? Am I being asked to make people more annoyed at me AND TSI for flooding their feeds with 12 wall postings?

evil_gusgus

join:2008-04-14
London, ON

As far as I know yes. You can make all the stupid facebook posts private so only you can see them and then delete them after your are done.

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

But TSI realizes wall spam is a good way to really annoy people right? My friend experimented with facebook ads (you know the ones on the right) and he was getting strangers asking him to remove them from "his list". There was no list, it was a facebook ad.

Booger

@bell.ca
reply to BrettD

Because all modern companies are up with all the social media outlets. TSI wants to be current. Looks like they got a new marketing team/company to do their site and trivial media. Remember their previous 2 sites?

They are just tying to be current. And sadly that equates to fb and twitter these days.

BrettD
Premium
join:2009-12-26
Ottawa, ON
reply to graniterock

I am surprised people see FB ads. I didn't even know FB had ads for a long time. But I use Firefox browser with Adblock+, BetterPrivacy, FlashBlock and a few great plugins that just... make all that noise all go away!

Curmudgeon

join:2012-04-09
reply to Booger

said by Booger :

Looks like they got a new marketing team/company to do their site and trivial media.

Tina Furlan, Director of Marketing and Communications
tfurlan@teksavvy.com

I believe she is also responsible for the InfusionSoft mailing list.

nanook
Premium,MVM
join:2007-12-02
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Booger

said by Booger :

They are just tying to be current. And sadly that equates to fb and twitter these days.

I get that. But it shouldn't be an either/or situation with new media.

When the web and e-mail became common, successful companies made those an option. They didn't stop interacting with their customers by phone, snail mail and bricks&mortar. (Some tried but most of those failed.)

Note to TSI's social media mavens: FB especially presents even stronger reasons for being optional because of concerns over privacy and intrusion. I used to have a FB account but didn't use it much. I had my privacy settings down very tight. Nevertheless FB kept sending me incessant e-mails with all sorts of nonsense like "friend" requests from people who were clearly spammers to subtle and not-so-subtle hints to "get back into Facebook." I got so fed up I deleted the account. I'm not going to create a new one just for TSI's convenience.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to WhaleOilBee

said by WhaleOilBee:

I see more and more reputable companies asking me to 'like" them on FB. Prizes and rewards are based on doing that. Personally, I think it's a pathetic, needy sounding marketing strategy. If there was a "hate you" function on FB ( is there? ) I might just be tempted to get a FB account just to "hate" the lot of them.

Yep... That kind of stuff ticks me off... Shame to see TSI going down this path with their marketing...

Oh well. Other factors will determine if end up staying a customer long term anyway, not some silly FB only contest...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!
Expand your moderator at work

quidnunc

join:2011-03-03
Richmond Hill, ON
reply to HiVolt

it's a giveaway, but it's also a promotion. pretty simple. you enter the contest in exchange for some advertising on your wall. i don't know what the big deal is

CrazyCanuckz

@reliablehosting.com

It is a big deal, seriously I wouldn't risk my privacy for some prize. It isn't worth it. Both facebook and twitter restrict information! I thought Teksavvy is fighting for net neutrality in fact they are not really.