uniqs
share rss forum feed

OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you

join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA
kudos:1

Anything new going on with ooma?

I saw Telo on a clearance rack at my local Sears for around $93 I think and I was wondering if theres been any news on the company. Does anyone know what the current fees are per month/per year?
--
...Who, What, When, Where, How... Why? Why Not?

nitzan
Premium,VIP
join:2008-02-27
kudos:8

$3.78/month ($45/year) in Bakersfield, CA according to their tax calculator. At $93 it's a good deal - if they survive another couple of years.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to OmagicQ

said by OmagicQ:

I saw Telo on a clearance rack at my local Sears for around $93 I think and I was wondering if theres been any news on the company. Does anyone know what the current fees are per month/per year?

I don't know. Maybe Telo isn't selling well at Sears (or elsewhere?). Sadly Ooma doesn't seem to provide number of subscribers or earnings (loss?) statements to the public.

Checking the Ooma site, it appears the Telo was selling for $99 this past Black Friday, the Ooma Blog indicates a wireless Telo connection for fax machines and other analog phones called "Ooma Linx". This was released in October 2012. We are a bit over 2 months since a new Ooma product enhancement was launched.

I have access to some non-public forums, as a former beta tester for the Telo, and see there ongoing testing of new Telo beta firmware. Posts by Ooma support were made to the support forums yesterday evening.

If Ooma is going under, the same staff still seems to be active.
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"