how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bcsman

join:2010-09-07
Capac, MI

[DSL] Strange Upload/Download speeds after reset

I had to do a soft reset, turn modem switch off and on for my Westell 7500 model as my speeds had gone down after some time. This is nothing unusual happens every couple weeks to a month. Normally when I reset I get the standard 3 Meg speeds but this morning I got some strange figures. Can anyone figure these out?

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL2
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3251 899
Margin (dB) 6.1 5.5
Line Attenuation (dB) 55.5 32.6
Transmit Power (dBm) 0.0 12.8

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI

What were you expecting to see?

Can we have your FEC, HEC, CRC, etc. numbers as well please.

bcsman

Capac, MI
reply to bcsman

Seems like the "normal" stats were 33something down and 768 up after a reboot. Just was curious why the stats I got were different. Not sure how to get the other info you requested. Will see if I can figure it out. My internet is working fine but ever since I have "routed bridge" things statistic wise have been somewhat different.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24

3360/864?

Your speed suggests to me that someone or something messed with your sync rate. Your upload is definitely higher than it should be.

bcsman

Capac, MI

Yes indeed smith that was my question, any idea what would have caused the strange rates, especially upload? Again internet working fine but puzzled by the stats. As I am reporting this post it now stands at 3019/907. Alot of odd things have happened since I was switched to routed bridge. Have considered trying to switch back to PPPoA or E as they still show as options in the Network connections. But then figure if it aint broke dont fix it and have left it alone. lol