Thanks for the suggestions.
Clarification on the models of the devices:
Modem: Leased by Bell, Cisco 800-series
Router: Linksys WRT54GX
LAN Hub: Dell Powerconnect 2624
Regarding Hellfire's questions, here are the answers:
1) when a disconnect occurs, which router do you need to reboot? the Cisco 800 or the silver one?
- I only need to reboot Silver(Linksys WRT54GX)
2) Is the Cisco 800 owned by you or the telco (Bell, from the looks of it)? Do you have config access to it?
- It is owned by Telco(Bell), and they did not give us config access. I am only given config instruction that I can use on my Router (DNS, Gateway address, etc)
3) how fast is your internet package?
- download speeds of up to 16 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1 Mbps
- Package detail here : »www.bell.ca/shop/Sb_viewProduct.···_INT_DED
4) if you take the silver box out of the picture, how stable is internet?
- It is then very stable.
5) if the Cisco 800 is recieving the DSL, a)is it getting it via an RJ45 connection or an RJ11 connection, and b)
what's the light status when a disconnect occurs?
- a) via RJ11 Connection
- b) I do not have exact record of light status but, if recalled correctly, either RXD and TXD lights both go off or only one of them blinks