spc
uniqs
alana
join:2009-10-20
Lake Geneva, WI

alana to jeffscott

to jeffscott

Re: 'Throttling' in Atlanta?

Load the Uverse Realtime Tool and post screenshots of the bitloading tab, the error tab and the summary tab.

jeffscott
join:2008-08-19
Atlanta, GA

jeffscott

I'm on a Mac and doesn't look like the Real Time Tool is an option without some additional downloads, etc..Per my previous reply, this is likely due to wiring of advance age...In a related matter, I've noticed the U-Verse speed test consistently shows more favorable results than any of the independent sites out there!
AngryDallas
join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX

AngryDallas

Hey!

If I was paying for 18mbps and only getting 2-4mbps, I will raise hell with AT&T until it's fixed or until they refund you all the difference in your monthly payments!

Don't let them get away with it!

Juneau
@sbcglobal.net

Juneau to jeffscott

Anon

to jeffscott
"In a related matter, I've noticed the U-Verse speed test consistently shows more favorable results than any of the independent sites out there!"

Wouldn't that be an indication of external problems on the net? As I understand it the U-Verse speed test is "inside" the AT&T net and if it was running faster it makes me think there are problems other than your wiring.

I'm not sure if I made any sense above or not. Of course, all of that could be a total lack of understanding in how it works on my part.

jeffscott
join:2008-08-19
Atlanta, GA

jeffscott to AngryDallas

to AngryDallas
As mentioned, there are SO many factors that affect what sort of speed you get..i.e. "UP TO 18mbps"....
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2 to Juneau

to Juneau
Im not sure about your area but here in the midwest the techs have been told to not bill for service calls. I would unplug your modem and call T2 @ 866-329-2662, and tell them you are not connected. They will run you thru those standard reboot sequences, just play along. They will finally conclude you are having issues and send out a tech.

This is what I would instruct all of my customers to do if they wanted a tech out.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to Juneau

Premium Member

to Juneau
said by Juneau :

"In a related matter, I've noticed the U-Verse speed test consistently shows more favorable results than any of the independent sites out there!"

Wouldn't that be an indication of external problems on the net? As I understand it the U-Verse speed test is "inside" the AT&T net and if it was running faster it makes me think there are problems other than your wiring.

I'm not sure if I made any sense above or not. Of course, all of that could be a total lack of understanding in how it works on my part.

The U-verse speed test is highly unreliable. It showed my 3 down plan as 7 or so which is definitely not true.

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy to jeffscott

Premium Member

to jeffscott
said by jeffscott:

I'm on a Mac and doesn't look like the Real Time Tool is an option without some additional downloads, etc.

Because I use Linux primarily and do not wish to screw around with windows, I have used this browser-based tool (o.s.-agnostic) that provides some of the same kinds of analysis.
»adslm.dohrenburg.net/too ··· tats.php

ImpldConsent
Scouts Out
Premium Member
join:2001-03-04
North Port, FL
·Comcast XFINITY

ImpldConsent

Premium Member

said by sempergoofy:

Because I use Linux primarily and do not wish to screw around with windows, I have used this browser-based tool (o.s.-agnostic) that provides some of the same kinds of analysis.
»adslm.dohrenburg.net/too ··· tats.php

I use that on my Mint as well to confirm the UVRT results on my 'Doze box. UVRT is spot on.