join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt

Re: Upgrading phone -- Rogers is nuts

said by HiVolt:

said by yyzlhr:

It's all changed now. You must wait until the contract associated with your last subsidized device is over in order to upgrade with no early upgrade fee.

Wow, first it was you couldnt upgrade after 1 year, then you cant upgrade after two years? wow...

Fuck them next phone i am not going on a contract for...

If only Wind had coverage up north in cottage country I'd be off Rogers in a flash.

If you don't spend a lot of time up there....I think Wind does have roaming packages, or you could put call forwarding to a different provider -- I am thinking Petro Canada, when you're up north. Petro Canada is $25 and it's good for 120 days I believe.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

If you don't spend a lot of time up there....I think Wind does have roaming packages, or you could put call forwarding to a different provider -- I am thinking Petro Canada, when you're up north. Petro Canada is $25 and it's good for 120 days I believe.

It's not voice minutes that worry me, it's the data roaming. Wind roaming is $1 per Megabyte... So yeah, no thanks...

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

If you're just looking for data, why not just get the rocket stick at $5 a month for the Flex plan, it goes to $17 for 250 MB and $37 for 5GB.

Although that is the one issue with Wind...lack of coverage.