how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Meatball

join:2006-03-26
reply to JohnnyG101

Re: SB6141 Firmware Update?

As it stands right now, I've not seen a disconnect for 12 hours. Of course, I've seen it go 20 hours on occasion and then go crazy again. Maybe they were out here first thing AM and finally figured out what the problem was, but I didn't see any trucks and noone called me to say anything was fixed.

Until I see this thing stable for 48 hours I won't get my hopes up, and I won't believe it's been fixed until I see it stable for 5-7 days.

That leads me to the next question, once I believe it's fixed, do I take the risk of tossing the Moto back in since the firmware is already 19 months old and will never get updated.

Meatball

Ah, all good things come to an end. I was hopeful when I got up this morning and still hadn't disconnected. I had to go into work today, so I was gone most of the day, but after 25 hours of no disconnects, I dropped. Then dropped again a few hours later. So, we're back in the same boat.

Supervisor is now ignoring my calls, so I'm back to calling TWC support directly and seeing if they can get the trucks out here. Talking to L3 support right now.

Meatball

Well, here's the latest and greatest. Talking to L3 on Tuesday night, he saw that maintenance was supposed to be out, but there were no notes, so he asked for an update and was going to check into it. They'd call me. (Yeah, I've heard that before.)

Wednesday I wasn't home most of the day, but when I did get home I saw I had had 2 disconnects, so I called in again and immediately got bumped up to L3. This L3 tech told me that noone had put a maintenance request in until that morning, but they had not come out that day. She said they should be out the next day.

Thursday I was out again most of the day, but around 5:30 at night the supervisor that had been ignoring called and left me a long VM. Apparently my call to L3 must have kicked them going again and he said they were watching the modems on the street that day and were seeing some spikes and corrections. He had talked to a maintenance supervisor and they were sending out a truck that night to replace the GNA/Amplifier down at the end of the block. He said if that didn't work, everything had been changed out other than the 'tap face plate' and they'd have to hand over the information to Engineering so they could look to see if there was a problem with the card servicing our area.

I didn't get home till close to 8 PM, so I don't know if the truck actually showed up. I had 3 disconnects Thursday before that 5:30 PM call from the supervisor, but nothing in the 12 hours since. So, now I wait and see if any errors pop up.

mpgstuff

join:2003-07-07
Kenosha, WI

Meatball, I appreciate you keeping this thread up to date. When I read this all I can do is shake my head, I truly hope they fix this soon.

Have they offered to refund you January's service cost?

As far as switching back to the Motorola SB6141 once it's fixed, in my personal experience, I haven't had any problems. I was receiving the same disconnects/timeouts as you describe and show in your logs, but I guess we can't say for sure the root cause is the same (I don't know what they actually fixed in my case, I received an automated call saying something was fixed in the neighborhood. Several days later I had a tech come out for a pre-existnig appointment and he put a new line in from outside to inside, put an AMP and a new splitter in - I truly don't think this "fixed anything". Whatever they fixed in the neighborhood did it).

My SB6141 has been up since the 9th, when the tech visited and started snipping all the wires. To my knowledge, there have been no issues. I get advertised speeds, my latency is fine (although Fri/Sat nights I do experience short spikes, that could be/probably is something on my end of the network).

Over the 16 day period, I still see an occasional "No Ranging Response received T3 Timeout". My log is still showing the messages from the 9th (with this issue, as you know, the log would completely fill up and turnover multiple times in a day - so I guess this is a "good" sign that there aren't a ton of messages). Since the 9th I show 5 "T3 Timeouts", but I haven't noticed them.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Meatball

They haven't offered January reimbursement yet, but we'll see. At this point I've about exhausted every support avenue I have. Still having the issues and L1 can't help, they pass me up to L3. I've talked to two L3 guys in the last day that were both oblivious. One said he couldn't schedule maintenance directly and would have to send out another tech. Another told me that I should get business class service with a static IP, because that's my problem. What?

So, my only hope left is that local supervisor who only returns 1 out of 10 of my calls. I called him twice and left voicemails in the last 24 hours telling him I'm still having issues.

They have till Tuesday evening to fix this. I won't be around/doing much online until then and it gives them 4 days. At that point I'm going to email blast my text log file (now up to 28 KB in size) of everything that's happened to any TWC executive I can find.

So, does anyone know where I can find email addresses for TWC executives?

RySean

join:2013-02-18
San Diego, CA
reply to Meatball

There's a new firmware update for Time Warner cable for the SB6141, apparently as of today :-D It's SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.10-SCM00-NOSH according to the TWC rep I talked to. They said they couldn't push it manually, but it would be rolling out over time. Hopefully that doesn't exclude mine which is owned by me rather than rented.

Meatball

Yeah, I'd almost bet my modem that they will not upgrade yours b/c you own it. Multiple people I talked to made it point to specifically state that they 'do not upgrade customer owned equipment'. They claim it's due to the fact that since they don't own it, if they brick it, they don't want to be responsible for replacement. And while that's probably partially true, I'm sure they also want to do whatever they can to drive folks to rent from them.

I don't even have the option to rent the 6141 here, only the old Ubee or the Arris DG860.

Meatball

reply to Meatball

Just a quick update on my whole fiasco. It _appears_ to be fixed. I don't know what they did, and noone will return my call to tell me if they actually fixed anything, but the last 'T3 timeout' error I ran into was back on Feb 2nd. Since then things have been pretty solid and I've only had two or three disconnects. I have seen a pretty regular recurrence of two DHCP errors. I get a "DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;" and then a "DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file" every 3-4 days.

It doesn't appear to actually knock me offline, so I haven't really called in about it. I did make 2-3 attempts to call the local supervisor that had been helping me to at least get verification that they had fixed _something_ and if they could let me know what it was so I know if it happens again, but he never answers or returns my calls.

So it took 7-8 weeks to get my issue fixed. During that time I called their support line and talked to 30+ Level 1 & Level 3 phone technicians, 'chatted' with 10+ online chat support technicians, went to their office twice, had 9 technician trucks at my house and 5-6 maintenance trucks visit the neighborhood. All the while having anywhere from 10-20 disconnects per day during the entire time.

TWC has some of the worst customer service I've ever seen, and if I had any other realistic option, I'd drop them in a second. Every person you talk to or that visits your house is interested in simply closing out the 'ticket' they are working on and handing your problem off to the next person in line. There is no ownership of any problems and they could care less if they actually fix your issue, but just that they can put a check in the box that they attempted to help. You can be passed from online chat, to L1 phone, to L3 phone to truck at your house and to maintenance, and not one of those people are actually held accountable for your issue being fixed. Just that they passed it on to the next step.

Until TWC makes technicians truly responsible for 'fixing' and issue and seeing it all the way to the end, they'll always be a mess.

RySean

join:2013-02-18
San Diego, CA

Yeah, that sucks :-( I read this thread through all the way because I've been experiencing T3 and T4 timeouts regularly. I was hoping a firmware update would fix it, because I really don't want to deal with having technicians sent out since they tend to mess things up half the time, but it appears I may not have a choice :-/ What's strange is that I was using this same SB6141 at an address not far from here without issue, but once I brought it here, any amount of torrent traffic causes the internet to go out almost immediately (even with super conservative settings for connection speeds and number of connections allowed to be made). It's a bit ridiculous, hopefully I don't have to go through what you did to fix it.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

I know what you are going through. I went through this crap starting August 26th for a couple of months. New cable drop, swapped modems etc and I still have problems sometimes at night with slow upstream. I now own the SB6141 to see if it helps with this.

mpgstuff

join:2003-07-07
Kenosha, WI
reply to Meatball

Meatball, glad to hear your issue seems to be resolved.
I get a DHCP tftp "notice" in my logs every 2-4 days as well, I think this is normal. I haven't noticed any issues because of this message.

I still see a single T3 timeout here and there, but have not experienced anything like it was (rebooting 5-20 times a day).

Meatball

Happened to notice some guys up the road the other day laying in new cable and then the other night I saw a few synch/disconnect errors. Guessing they finally replaced whatever bad cable was out there.

I may be tempting fate, but I picked up a Motorolla 6121 on eBay and I'm going to switch over to that. Hopefully it'll be stable so I can stop paying the modem lease fee.

permutations

join:2013-03-03
New York, NY

Meatball, you have no idea how much I identify with your ordeal. Unfortunately, I'm still going through it and it's been over a year. My problem is intermittant. My connection will be fine for a week or two, and then my modem will start "flapping" (TWC term). I envy your 2-9 disconnects per day. When my modem is flapping, it happens 6 times an hour or more - 150-200 times in a 24-hour period. I'm connected for 5-10 minutes, then disconnected for 1-2 minutes, then connected again for 5-10 minutes, etc., 24/7.

I can't count how many hours I have spent on the phone with TWC, or how many visits I've had from TWC technicians. Their procedures drive me nuts. I'm convinced that those automated calls about a problem in my area being fixed are a scam - a way to get out of sending a technician. Their computer calls to confirm appointments EVERY DAY - it drives me nuts.

I can't find the words to express how much I hate TWC. My issue has been escalated so I have a Customer Relations person working with me, but she is awful. She's snarky, she doesn't believe what I tell her, and she's a lazy do-nothing who doesn't return phone calls. Little Miss Company Girl.

One thing I've discovered that you haven't mentioned... The black Motorola 6141 modems that you can buy on Amazon or eBay are NOT new, no matter what they're advertised as. That's why they have old firmware. I called Motorola about a warranty replacement and they told me this. Dishonest vendors are buying them used from cable internet providers and selling them as new.

During the last visit I had from a TWC tech, he switched out my SB6141 for an Arris CM820. I get the same error messages with the Arris as I got with the SB6141, but it doesn't drop the connection completely - it just stutters, lags. I have old firmware on the SB6141 because it's black, and unbeknownst to me, it was not new when I bought it (I was defrauded). The firmware version is 1.0.6.3. I want to confirm the firmware update issue with TWC. If it's true, there's no point in using my own cable modem.

I work at home and use the internet heavily. This problem has cost me a fortune in Verizon Wireless data overage charges because at times I simply must have internet access. I talk to clients in other countries, and there's no other way but the internet, so I have to connect through my cell phone.

Also, like you, I have no other option but TWC or I would have dropped them long ago.

Did I mention that I hate TWC?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by permutations:

One thing I've discovered that you haven't mentioned... The black Motorola 6141 modems that you can buy on Amazon or eBay are NOT new, no matter what they're advertised as. That's why they have old firmware.

They have old(er) firmware because that is what was current when the modems were built, at that time. Do you think it is simply coincidence that the new white versions recently debuted for the retail channels have a newer firmware version? Of course not.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

Meatball

said by swintec:

said by permutations:

One thing I've discovered that you haven't mentioned... The black Motorola 6141 modems that you can buy on Amazon or eBay are NOT new, no matter what they're advertised as. That's why they have old firmware.

They have old(er) firmware because that is what was current when the modems were built, at that time. Do you think it is simply coincidence that the new white versions recently debuted for the retail channels have a newer firmware version? Of course not.

I don't know, he might be onto something about the 'used' modems. My 6121 showed up the other day in a nice new box, everything looked great, yet strangely enough I noticed there were two entries in the log from last fall about the modem rebooting and such and the modem firmware is circa Dec. 2010.

On the plus side, it's been up a full 48 hours without a single hiccup. If only I could get TWC to push the new firmware or Moto to give it out.

Perm, there's a few things you can try to get out of the mess you are in with them. Can't promise they'll help, but they might.

1) If you are on any social networks such as Facebook/Twitter, post about your problems. TWC hates bad press as much as the next guy and you may get one of their "Social Media" people who will do whatever they can to get you to stop posting bad stuff about them.

2) Go to a site like the Consumerist.com and send them your problem in all it's sordid detail. They might post it, and that'll definitely help you get some traction.

3) Try to find some TWC exec emails and start email blasting them. Last thing they want to deal with is a bunch of emails from irate customers and they may be able to twist the right arms behind the scenes to get it fixed.

permutations

New York, NY

I called Level 3 tech support at TWC tonight and asked whether they'd ever upgrade the firmware of a consumer-owned cable modem. He said absolutely not. Never. For that reason alone, it makes no sense to me to own my own cable modem. I wish they'd mentioned that critical detail when they sent out the announcement of the rental fee and the option to buy my own.

What jerks they are. They are costing themselves a ton of money with this policy. Many (most?) of the SB6141 problems are due to outdated firmware. Consider what they've spent in man-hours just on Meatball and myself. They (and we) could have avoided all this pain had they simply thought out the situation better. The only reason that TWC is still in business is they have a monopoly on high-speed internet in many places (including my apartment building, which is too small for Verizon Wireless to invest in high-speed FIOS).

Meatball, did you ever email TWC execs about your troubles? You talked about planning to do it several times in this thread. If you did, what was the response? How about the other strategies (tweeting to @twc and posting to consumerist.com). I'm hesitant to start a war with TWC when I'm so dependent on their good will. I'm afraid that will only make things worse.

Meatball

Perm, I didn't get to the point of emailed execs as it cleared up before I did. On the other hand, I had posted my woes about TWC on twitter and was contacted by someone on their Social Media team. She didn't really help, but she was able to credit me a month of service. As for starting a war, I know the feeling. I didn't want to, but by the same token, I couldn't deal with the service the way it was, I work from home. You can only drop out of so many conference calls with your boss before he/she starts to get mad.

I wonder if someone smarter than I can figure out a way to pull the firmware image off one of the newer modems. If that's the case, I'm sure we could push it up to the older ones since according to Motorolla one of the benefits of the modems are to be able to "Easily add the SB6141 to a deployed family of SB6120s and SB6121s, all three models utilize the same firmware image. This reduces qualification time and eliminates setup headaches." I'm pretty sure the modem has tftp built in, and if that's the case I wonder if there is a way to pull and push the image file.

Anyone?

Meatball

1 recommendation

reply to permutations

I did find this one other little tidbit on Motorola's site.

»broadband.custhelp.com/app/answe···id/17811

"Can I upgrade the Firmware on my Motorola Cable Modem?

We apologize about the inconvenience, but your Motorola modem does not support manual upgrades. Motorola is not allowed to control the upgrades of DOCSIS devices, per the standards specification. Any firmware or software changes must be implemented via the cable network. Your cable provider can update the firmware based on what they have approved for their network distribution. Because of that Motorola is not capable of installing firmware for cable modems. Please contact the cable operator to obtain information on upgrading firmware on the cable modem.
"

If it's truly in the DOCSIS standard that vendors can't control the upgrades then this is squarely on the shoulders of ISP's purposely trying to screw customers to try to force them to lease directly from them.

permutations

New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Meatball

said by Meatball:

I wonder if someone smarter than I can figure out a way to pull the firmware image off one of the newer modems. If that's the case, I'm sure we could push it up to the older ones since according to Motorolla one of the benefits of the modems are to be able to "Easily add the SB6141 to a deployed family of SB6120s and SB6121s, all three models utilize the same firmware image. This reduces qualification time and eliminates setup headaches." I'm pretty sure the modem has tftp built in, and if that's the case I wonder if there is a way to pull and push the image file.

Apparently there are serious security issues in letting end-users flash firmware in cable modems because they could hack it. That's why the DOCSIS standard allows it only to be done through the cable. The Motorola site has two sections describing the SB6141 - one aimed at end-users, and one aimed at cable internet providers. The part you quote is clearly aimed at cable internet providers.

Meatball

1 recommendation

Hey, I'm fine with that, but then they shouldn't be allowed to sell it directly to end users without some sort of auto updating feature built in. They're happy to take your $70-$100 for the modem, but if it won't work b/c the firmware is too old, oh well.

permutations

New York, NY

1 recommendation

said by Meatball:

...but then they shouldn't be allowed to sell it directly to end users without some sort of auto updating feature built in. They're happy to take your $70-$100 for the modem, but if it won't work b/c the firmware is too old, oh well.

I agree!! Motorola's consumer-targeted modems should have to be sold with a prominent disclaimer, like with cigarettes. For example:

"WARNING: The firmware in consumer-owned cable modems will never be updated. Neither consumers nor manufacturers are allowed to do it (per the DOCSIS standard), and cable internet providers refuse to update the firmware of a modem they do not own. So if there's a bug in the current version, it will never be fixed. Nor can future compatibility issues be addressed."

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

said by permutations:

said by Meatball:

...but then they shouldn't be allowed to sell it directly to end users without some sort of auto updating feature built in. They're happy to take your $70-$100 for the modem, but if it won't work b/c the firmware is too old, oh well.

I agree!! Motorola's consumer-targeted modems should have to be sold with a prominent disclaimer, like with cigarettes. For example:

"WARNING: The firmware in consumer-owned cable modems will never be updated. Neither consumers nor manufacturers are allowed to do it (per the DOCSIS standard), and cable internet providers refuse to update the firmware of a modem they do not own. So if there's a bug in the current version, it will never be fixed. Nor can future compatibility issues be addressed."

That would not be correct. Not all ISPs punish their customers (and indirectly their own tech support staff) just because the customer owns the modem. Comcast updates the firmware on customer owned modems the same as it does for its leased modems. In fact, they are currently starting to push the latest 1.0.6.10 firmware for the SB612x and SB6141 modems to those modems that are attached to their network. They don't care who owns it, they only want all modems of the same class to have the same firmware for performance and support purposes.

Your problem is with your ISP, not with the modem or the modem's manufacturer. DOCSIS standards require that the ISP do the firmware updating and configuration for security reasons; if your ISP is not honoring its commitment to the DOCSIS standards, then place the blame where it belongs.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

MURICA

join:2013-01-03
reply to Meatball

Pretty incredible that the T3 timeout issue is still going on and both sides are too full of bureaucracy to get anything fixed.

I had trouble with this in July of last year. As it stands now the only way to ensure you get a properly working DOCSIS 3.0 modem on Time Warner Cable's network is to ditch Motorola altogether. I've had issues with SB6141s and SBG6850s.

Want to know what fixed it? I sent the SB6141 back to Amazon and bought a Ubee DDW3611 off eBay and stuck it in bridge mode. Never again would I see a T3 timeout error. It's been rock solid these past 9 months.

Motorola used to be known as a reliable modem manufacturer. They really dropped the ball on this one. It may indeed be fixed in a recent firmware but imo Motorola doesn't deserve our support. I don't appreciate being treated like a criminal and told I can't update my own hardware because they're too incompetent to find a way to stop pirates that doesn't involve punishing the legitimate customer.

With no way to update them, every modem that Motorola has sold to a customer up until this update is essentially a $100 brick. I'm surprised no one has filed a lawsuit yet.

The Ubees have worked from day one and for that reason Ubee gets my support.

Meatball

I think you guys changed my mind, this isn't Motorolla's fault. They're just following the DOCSIS 3 standard. The blame for all this lies squarely in the lap of Time Warner Cable.

Time Warner has 7 modems that you can 'buy' that they say are compatible with the DOCSIS 3.0 service.

Vendor Model
Motorola SBG6580
Motorola SB6141
Netgear CMD31T
Motorola SB6121
Zoom 5341J
Zoom 5350
ZyXEL CDA-30360

I checked every one of of them and none of them offer firmware upgrades for end users, they all say the ISP is supposed to do it. Heck, the ZyXEL modem is discontinued.

Man, every day I think I can't dislike the support and business practices of Time Warner Cable any more, and yet every day I'm amazed that I find a new reason.

permutations

New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to NetFixer

said by NetFixer:

Not all ISPs punish their customers (and indirectly their own tech support staff) just because the customer owns the modem. Comcast updates the firmware on customer owned modems the same as it does for its leased modems. In fact, they are currently starting to push the latest 1.0.6.10 firmware for the SB612x and SB6141 modems to those modems that are attached to their network. They don't care who owns it, they only want all modems of the same class to have the same firmware for performance and support purposes.

That's heartwarming. I'm glad to hear it. It certainly does sound like TWC deserves the blame. Their business practices are moronic in so many ways, why should I be surprised at one more dumb policy?

Murica - this isn't Motorola's choice. Like Meatball said, it's the DOCSIS 3 standard. Motorola can't do it. It's the responsibility of the cable internet provider.

MURICA

join:2013-01-03

1 recommendation

reply to Meatball

said by Meatball:

I think you guys changed my mind, this isn't Motorolla's fault. They're just following the DOCSIS 3 standard. The blame for all this lies squarely in the lap of Time Warner Cable.

It is Motorola's fault for having this bug in their firmware in the first place. Motorola should be replacing their faulty modems with replacements that have the latest firmware if the ISP won't do it. They sold a product which does not function as advertised. It should be their responsibility to fix it.

As a prominent member of CableLabs, the developer of the DOCSIS standards, Motorola also deserves some blame for not trying to use their leverage to block this moronic restriction on what the customer can do with their own hardware when the DOCSIS 3.0 standards were being developed.

Time Warner also deserves a share of the blame for not being willing to flash customer owned modems.

There's plenty of blame to go around here, but unfortunately playing the blame game won't fix this problem. Purchasing a modem which does not have this bug in its firmware is your only option.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Meatball

I just read that someones SB6141 purchased modem was downgraded to 1.0.6.3. So TWC won't update your firmware but they will downgrade to a buggy firmware on a purchased modem.

I have a white retail SB6141 that I exchanged because it comes with 1.0.6.8. If TWC downgrades the firmware to 1.0.6.3 I am going to be really ticked off. They won't update your firmware but they will downgrade it which is proof that they can push firmware to purchased modems.

halfcack

join:2013-04-02
Johnson City, NY
reply to Meatball

Re: SB6141 Reset and bore on ......

I don't know if it's an old post but the reset on the SB 6141 is under the plastic gummed to the front. Take it off and it's at the bottom. The plastic cover goes back on well. You could put a pin hole in the plastic but with all the problems I've had I wouldn't dare.

TWC/RR has provisioned my modem. They stated they have the proper code from Motorola. That from level three.

I have been told, in this area, we have 25 up, 50 down, doesn't exist. I was on EarthLink for a time. I wish I could get my rock solid 30 meg, 1 1/2 up back. Received a commercial modem sitting on my porch. Have complained every day I have not gotten 80 % of 50 down since I lost my g father plan.

A tech saw everything was as I described, the modem is capable of 320 down, the apple 2nd gen Airport Express was grabbing 79 meg down from the modem on a, b, g, and n.

Everything from the pole in was replaced, an old timer made the best connect I ever saw, from the pole to the modem no boxes. Past level 3 and past two appeals to get the speed to 50 have failed. I've already seen it. I am paying 64.99 for the Ultimate. I woke up to today to 6 down .1 up.

I have kept a record all day and night and early morning since 3-4-13, I am not getting the required advertised 50 meg down 80% of the time. Roughly, 20 to 30% or less. I believe that is federal law today, April first.

I am so tired of this but I will keep at it. I forgot the name of the department I was in and graduated from, ah, retention, there it is, it's when they try to keep a customer. I am at the last appeal. Lost them both. there is a third. A separate department listens to every phone call I've made to them and then decides. Since I believe in and tell the absolute truth, they will find no discrepencies but they will think I scripted it, no winners.

It's a losing battle. The line tech said today that he hates speed issues. He said worse than the last call, where an older lady was getting half a picture, he moved the other console TV for her in it's place. Really nice guy.

It's my reponsibility for messing with the original grandfathered plan. It was somehow programmed right and never deviated from 28.6 to 30 down and 1 and a half up. It probably happened when I got an Eathlink agent, (they use TWC here), got a promo, talked for a while, got along, and he set it up with permanent turbo, who knows.

Sorry for the bore on, but I thought maybe if I wrote it, my obsession with speed would go away, just like the additional 35 bucks.

I forgot one thing. I had to edit this. Of all things, my modem has never restarted itself. Sorry, I really deserve that part too or I won't feel proper.

Le Roy
Skillz
Premium
join:2002-05-03
Ocean Springs, MS
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·CableOne

I too am having issues with my SB6141 on my Cable Company, but I'm not sure if it really is the Cable Modem or the Cable Company... My cable company is Cable One. I've had a tech come out twice already to look over everything. So far they've replaced the line directly from my outside box to my modem, all the splitters in between and redone all the ends. This last time they replaced the main line from their hub to my house under ground. (I don't think they've sent anyone out to bury it yet, it's been rainy/muddy the past couple of days still)

My connection has gone from dropping 2 - 3 times per hour to only once every few hours now.

Their has to be a way for consumers to do our own firmware update on these.
--
Redlined.org

Mississippi Gulf Coast Car Enthusiasts Forums

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Le Roy:

My connection has gone from dropping 2 - 3 times per hour to only once every few hours now.

What is the errors in your modem log? t4 timeouts and such?
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts