join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 edit

Octavean to El Quintron

MVM

to El Quintron

Re: Triple Monitor setup question

Indeed,....

However you could also just use a physically larger monitor like a 27" that still has the same 1920x1080 resolution as your 23" monitors. Now that I think about it, Newegg had an Acer 27" monitor with passive 3D for ~$250 yesterday,...

If you go with a larger resolution monitor what resolution would you use to get the same height and pixel count when rotated 90 degrees? What will match the 1920,....?

***edit***

Not that it matters now but it was one of these two models that Newegg was selling for ~$250:

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 24009300

Or

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 24009361

Apparently they work with nVidia 3D Vision

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

Indeed,....
If you go with a larger resolution monitor what resolution would you use to get the same height and pixel count when rotated 90 degrees? What will match the 1920,....?

I've been kicking that one in the back of my head for a couple of days now.

My two current monitors are fairly good (a 23" Acer V233H and a 23" Acer H233H) the horizontal lenght (which would become the height) is 21.4" I'd have to find a bigger monitor who's vertical height would be 21.4"...

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Right but I think the suggestion also extended to resolution not just an issue of physical dimensions,...

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

Right but I think the suggestion also extended to resolution not just an issue of physical dimensions,...

You're right that's another thing I've been kicking around. I may just give/sell the old ones if I can't get this to work.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Well if you are happy with those monitors I see no reason to replace them,....

One other thing to consider is that the Acer V233H and Acer H233H are more or less value based monitor solutions. As such their stands don't have rotation support that would allow for a vertical configuration in a triple monitor setup.

So unless you already have one you would need to buy a triple monitor stand / mount or two individual monitor stands for your current 23" monitors should you wish vertical monitors at the end of a triple monitor configuration.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

One other thing to consider is that the Acer V233H and Acer H233H are more or less value based monitor solutions. As such their stands don't have rotation support that would allow for a vertical configuration in a triple monitor setup.

That's good to know; not some much for a triple display setup, but I may just get an un-matching monitor and use it for gaming, and keep the other ones work monitors.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Its interesting to see a 27” monitor going for less then $200. When I bought my first 27” 1920x1080 monitor it was difficult to find one for under ~$330.

Acer G276HLDbd Black 27" 6ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Monitor 300 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (3000:1) $199.99

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

Funny you should mention that monitor... it was looking at it at my local Staples on Wednesday.
El Quintron

El Quintron to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
Although not an absolute necessity, can you recommend a 27" display port monitor? I was looking on Newegg Canada, and I can only find up to 25"