join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to bt

Premium Member

to bt

Re: Upgrading phone -- Rogers is nuts

said by bt:

said by J E F F4:

Wind pays off 10% of your monthly bill off of your WindTab. So if you got a $200 phone for free, and you cancel after 6 months, and you had a $40 plan, you'd owe $200 minus $24 (6 months * $4). Not sure how Rogers does it now

I think Rogers does equal division now - the % of the subsidy you have to pay back is equal to the % of the term left on your contract.

I think that that is true, however, from what I can tell, data is still separate from the Economic Recovery Fee. So an additional $100 on top of it. However, the site is unclear to exactly what they mean, despite "in other words".

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I'm going to run out my contract with Rogers then explore my options...

I might even ride it out with the iPhone 4...

Right now it would cost me $400 in ETF fees... no freakin way.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to J E F F4

to J E F F4
Yep.

And the administrative fee. And the "Day ending in Y" fee. And the "Hah! You really thought it would be that easy?" fee. And the fee for incurring extra fees.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
My early upgrade fee is $195, not sure what my ETF is though.

Just a little pissed off because I have issues with the phone, and Rogers is doing little to help, despite that it is still under warranty.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

Just a little pissed off because I have issues with the phone, and Rogers is doing little to help, despite that it is still under warranty.

fry it, if they refuse to help... PM me if you need help with that.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

said by bt:

said by J E F F4:

Wind pays off 10% of your monthly bill off of your WindTab. So if you got a $200 phone for free, and you cancel after 6 months, and you had a $40 plan, you'd owe $200 minus $24 (6 months * $4). Not sure how Rogers does it now

I think Rogers does equal division now - the % of the subsidy you have to pay back is equal to the % of the term left on your contract.

I think that that is true, however, from what I can tell, data is still separate from the Economic Recovery Fee. So an additional $100 on top of it. However, the site is unclear to exactly what they mean, despite "in other words".

The economic recovery fee is split into a voice and data portion. However, with most premium smartphones the "recovery fee' aka the subsidy is heavily shifted towards the data side. For example the galaxy s3 typically carries a voice subsidy of only $50 and the rest of the subsidy is from the data side.