uniqs
share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

NYC Vacation

So the last week of December I have off. I was thinking about taking a 1 or 2 night stay in NYC? Worth it? Any recommendations? Does the city decorate more during the Holidays? Would just be a short getaway for the wife and I.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

You could see the Tree at Rockefeller center and the ball drop if you planned on staying in town for NYE. Hotel prices are a little higher around the holiday's however- just depends on when you are coming in.

Plenty of recommendations, depends on what you are both into. There's food, museums, general sites, plays and other shows. Your close enough that you don't have to go crazy about it.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Any recommended area or hotel to stay at? I think my wife would like to see a Broadway type show. I wouldn't mind catching a Knicks game but that might be pricey.

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

»www.ticketmaster.com/New-York-Kn···T_NAV_NY

subway, bus, rail map
»www.mta.info/maps/

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

I usually advise people to look into hotels in Jersey City as alternatives, but unfortunately the Path commuter rail is not running after 10PM.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

SRF26

join:2000-04-03
Jamaica, NY

1 recommendation

reply to I AM

The holiday season in NYC is one of the best times to visit. Take a walk down Fifth Ave. and go see the sights:

Department Store Windows:
»newyork.cbslocal.com/guide/nyc-d···de-2012/

Rockefeller Center:
»www.rockefellercenter.com/tour-a···-center/

Bryant Park:
»www.bryantpark.org

Have fun!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Thanks all for the replies.

legendNYC
Modern Manners
Premium
join:2003-06-04
Jamaica, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to I AM

We just got back from a weekend in NYC. We got a pretty good deal at the Holiday Inn on W 57th Street.
My wife enjoyed shopping at the Time Warner Center. On Sunday night we saw the Kenny Garrett Quintet at Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola. It was our first time at the club and a great experience!