uniqs
barrist
join:2010-05-28
Ottawa, ON

barrist to CingKrab

to CingKrab

Re: Distributel in Ottawa down?

I'm through a router.

More than likely its just my area not being affected.

My parents are still down in South Keys from last week which is pretty damn ridiculous.
CingKrab
join:2002-12-31

CingKrab

I think I'm on the same POI as your parents as my connection has also been down since last Friday. Ridiculous is right. I know it's technically not their problem, but obviously filing tickets to Rogers is not working and they've got to escalate the issue somehow. In the end it's Distributel that's looking bad for not stepping up for their customers, not Rogers.
KC7
join:2006-11-08
Ottawa, ON

KC7 to barrist

to barrist
said by barrist:

I'm through a router.

More than likely its just my area not being affected.

My parents are still down in South Keys from last week which is pretty damn ridiculous.

South Keys? I'm in South Keys (East of Bank) I've been up all this time, but I use Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) didn't skip a beat.
My router did drop and I had to "renew" my WAN IP with the modem, but that was the only strange happening.
barrist
join:2010-05-28
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

barrist

Interesting,

i'll have to take a look . i believe they just have their router set up with all the default settings, no dns entries

EDIT: just got an email from my parents saying they were back up this morning

Sammy
@telus.com

Sammy to KC7

Anon

to KC7
Been having DNS issues for about a week now too out in the west end. Lost connection last Wednesday and didn't come back up until Friday morning, now its down again. Not good, its final exam time! Still am waiting on a repair technician, order was placed last Thursday, roommate thinks of she upgrades it will be better. Maybe if she upgrades to a new ISP. Problem with DNS happens both with router and direct connection. Will try using alternative DNS like you mentioned, so frustrating...