spc
uniqs

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to sm5w2

Anon

to sm5w2

Re: DSL down in London (3am-9am)

Recurrent theme seems to be London and Ottawa.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

You lost sync, is that what you are saying?
I will check my modem when I get home, however I did have no issues with accessing the Internet around 6am.

OT - Has Bell done anything over at your end, I recall you having extensive issues which seemed to be related to their inability to deal with capacity.

sm5w2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-13
St Thomas, ON

sm5w2

Premium Member

What happened between 3-9 am was a PPPoE-server connectivity problem. I had sync. As Slamtech says - "sync, no surf".

> OT - Has Bell done anything over at your end, I recall you having extensive
> issues which seemed to be related to their inability to deal with capacity.

The evening congestion issue that started abruptly one day in December 2010 came to an abrupt end at some point in mid to late April 2012. The end of this congestion probably coincided with the activation of the fiber-optic cable that was laid on the north side of Commissioner's road west of Wonderland. Where this cable originates from - I don't know (possibly the "fiber-fed hut" near the intersection of Cranbrook and Salem) but it ends in the telcom room in the apartment building at 744 Wonderland, where the dslam or remote (or what-ever) is located.

My IP address for years was always 64.231.x.x (where x.x is variable) but after this fiber cable was up and running and the congestion ended, my assigned IP address has been various combinations of 50.101.x.x, 65.95.x.x, 70.27.x.x, 70.29.x.x, 174.94.x.x. It has never since been 64.231.x.x.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

Just checked, nothing out of the ordinary.

EDIT - Out of curosity can you read the log in your modem?