All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Oh NONO MR
@cox.net

Oh NONO MR to DDR329

Anon

to DDR329

Re: [AZ] 110mbps Plan After 1 Day Disconnect Now Capped!?

Not true at all, we at least the fact that the 100 mbps was an offer. The powerboost plan is no longer even on the website. I have the promotional material right here in front of me that you sent for the 100 mbps 110 powerboost. Also here is an email sent out on May 17th telling customers of the change. Well at the time asking them anyways:

"In the future, Cox may offer a new level of Internet service that would
have twice the downstream speed of the Premier level of service.

• The downstream speed would be more than 60 Mbps which
would allow a user to download a full 2-hour standard
definition movie (2GB) in less than 5 minutes or download an
average music file (6MB) in just 1 second.

• This new service, however, would be slower than the current
Ultimate level of service that provides up to 100 Mbps
downstream speed. "

This is a corporate power move and from a business perspective makes sense. While everyone else complained I really didn't care because the internet speeds were still roughly 85-90 x 35-40. Although I did keep records of everything in the process of the change because it is a textbook bait and switch. Just my complete opinion but I think based on the cards on the table you would be hard pressed to find another name for it.

I went years without problems and cruised the web like a interdemensional hell hound. I was paying for it, but everything was what I wanted and more. To have the corporate policy change, the Powerboost be taken off of the AZ site, and people like you sit here and tell me that the 100 mbps was never here is what creeps me out honestly. You can even review your very own forum from the time period where the change took effect, you will find people just like yourself, one brave dragon slayer after the other stand up and tell everyone that its not that big of a reduction! There is going to be so much more added! Etc... I've been around the block once or twice and I'm sure you have too, just as much as you do I hope you get recognition for your bravery here but don't make me drop bombs on this forum and prove your quick witted reply's worth to the rest of the community.

To agree with what you said, and to put it into the "real context" yes.. The powerboost plan "never used to be capped" like you said people were getting "100/50" easily. They were paying their choice of $100 or $125 a month for it as you described.

Let me ask you a question.. Knowing this.. Do you think Cox would have the self control not to blast that out to the world to make money? Or did they just see people getting 100/50 and not mention it? I'll let the forum decide for themselves without having to upload pictures of the cheese being placed in the peoples trap.

Just give me back my speeds.... I wouldn't sell you a sandwhich and eat half of it on the way to your table. That would make me a pig.. And pigs get slaughtered...
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix

well being a cox customer for the last 12 years in phx and posting these forums for the last 10years i have never seen 100Mbps service offered or advertised and as DDR mention there are some people here in the Arizona area that when they signed up for ultimate which is 50Mbps down some people were getting well above those speed for what the are paying for and after a while cox made correction to fix that and thats what sounds like happen to you cause there has never been a packaged listed as power boots, powerboost is a term used for when there is extra bandwidth available in your neighbor hood it would allocate it to you.

the only other thing i can think of is if you were part of some test group for some new future service and the testing is over , cause the only place that sells that speed(100mbps) that im aware of is in rhode island which is listed on the cox site for that area, but AZ is still at 55

floridaguy
@cox.net

floridaguy to Oh NONO MR

Anon

to Oh NONO MR
Oh NONO, I was with you up until the pig analogy. Probably hurts your case more than helps...as Cox is the farmer.

Proof reject
@cox.net

Proof reject to m8trix

Anon

to m8trix
I posted links and proof of the adds including one on the cox website quoting 65 mbps for the ultimate and 6 upload. They were not approved.

Bottom line, the 55 speed that everyone is going back to here is not what was presented or "pumped" in phoenix.. The fact that we are no capped based on public promotions that are much higher listed speeds is enough

Here is an example if they will even post this one.. There is a pile of them from 60mbps -80mbps and even a survey sent acknowledging the 100 mbps speeds

»img690.imageshack.us/img ··· 5306.png

Call it how you see it.. To me I was not only misled but Bait and Switched to the fullest. There are over 6 examples of this I have right here. So who has led who down the wrong path? Is it too much to ask for not be BS'd and Obama'd by the man daily?

reponse
@cox.net

reponse to m8trix

Anon

to m8trix
I have posted a links here with the cached pages of their ads directly on the AZ phoenix cox page that they decided not to post. What kind of company has to sit here and babysit a public board like this to protect them from being exposed?