share rss forum feed

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to El Quintron

Re: Triple Monitor setup question

Right but I think the suggestion also extended to resolution not just an issue of physical dimensions,...

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Octavean:

Right but I think the suggestion also extended to resolution not just an issue of physical dimensions,...

You're right that's another thing I've been kicking around. I may just give/sell the old ones if I can't get this to work.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
Well if you are happy with those monitors I see no reason to replace them,....

One other thing to consider is that the Acer V233H and Acer H233H are more or less value based monitor solutions. As such their stands don't have rotation support that would allow for a vertical configuration in a triple monitor setup.

So unless you already have one you would need to buy a triple monitor stand / mount or two individual monitor stands for your current 23" monitors should you wish vertical monitors at the end of a triple monitor configuration.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Octavean:

One other thing to consider is that the Acer V233H and Acer H233H are more or less value based monitor solutions. As such their stands don't have rotation support that would allow for a vertical configuration in a triple monitor setup.

That's good to know; not some much for a triple display setup, but I may just get an un-matching monitor and use it for gaming, and keep the other ones work monitors.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
Its interesting to see a 27” monitor going for less then $200. When I bought my first 27” 1920x1080 monitor it was difficult to find one for under ~$330.

Acer G276HLDbd Black 27" 6ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Monitor 300 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (3000:1) $199.99

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
Funny you should mention that monitor... it was looking at it at my local Staples on Wednesday.
--

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Octavean
Although not an absolute necessity, can you recommend a 27" display port monitor? I was looking on Newegg Canada, and I can only find up to 25"
--