Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

[IA] Mediacom usage meter not working

For the last 2 months, I have noticed my current month usage meter has been stuck at 4.9G. If I look at the three month history, they average around 20G. Even though I am grandfathered in to unlimited data, I would still like to know how much I am using in case I ever decide to upgrade.

Has anyone else seen odd things with their usage meter?
http://www.mediacomtoday.com/usagemeter/index.php

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

There are some issues being worked out with the system. Usually just logging out and trying again later will result in the proper amount being listed. If you are still having an issue after that I can get this reported.
kps246
join:2007-12-05
Coralville, IA

kps246

I just checked my usage via the Mediacom site, and it shows a cap of 250GB/month. I have had Mediacom HSI for years, and have made no changes. I thought existing customers were grandfathered in with no usage caps.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

They are unless you made changes after 08/01/2012. If not you can ignore that cap.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to kps246

Premium Member

to kps246
You are grandfathered in currently. I don't see any internet changes to your account since August 1st. The number is just there to show what the allowance would be if you had your current level of service under the new plans.
kps246
join:2007-12-05
Coralville, IA

kps246

Thanks

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are welcome.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

There are some issues being worked out with the system. Usually just logging out and trying again later will result in the proper amount being listed. If you are still having an issue after that I can get this reported.

I tried looging out and back on, it still reads 4.9G. Any thoughts?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I just checked it from our admin portal and it is not showing 4.9G but slightly more. Can you check yours?

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

I just checked now. Here is what it reads:

1% used 99% left with 31 days remaining this month
4.9 GB of 250 GB used
hdtv00
join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL

hdtv00 to Radio_Guy

to Radio_Guy
It doesn't even have my current 50M down speed listed. It says I'm on 20M speed package ....lol.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
Another clue to the puzzle. Below the usage meter is this statement:

"Data usage above as measured by Mediacom as of 10/2/2012 19:19. Note that recent usage may not be included in this amount due to routine or other delays in data usage aggregation and reporting."

A two and a half month delay in data usage aggregation and reporting seems a little excessive to me.
Radio_Guy

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
Here is what it says today. MediacomChad, could you please check and see if it matches what you see through your portal?

1% used 99% left with 29 days remaining this month
4.9 GB of 250 GB used

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

We are aware of the delay in reporting and are working to make sure it updates to the correct amount.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

It's been over a month since I last posted about this and I am still getting out of date numbers as of this morning:

1% used 99% left with 20 days remaining this month
4.9 GB of 250 GB used

"Data usage above as measured by Mediacom as of 10/2/2012 19:19. Note that recent usage may not be included in this amount due to routine or other delays in data usage aggregation and reporting."

Mediacomchad - Where are we at with getting this going again?
Thanks.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I am still working on this issue.
MediacomChad

MediacomChad to Radio_Guy

Premium Member

to Radio_Guy
Radio_Guy, are you seeing any differences to updates on the usage meter now? We've received some updates from the management team in charge of this and I'm able to confirm that the admin portal is properly syncing with network usage seen at the headend. Are you getting updates through the end user meter now?

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

I don't think so. Here is what the usage meter page shows today:
1% used 99% left with 14 days remaining this month
4.9 GB of 250 GB used

Data usage above as measured by Mediacom as of 10/2/2012 19:19. Note that recent usage may not be included in this amount due to routine or other delays in data usage aggregation and reporting.
I'm glad to hear that they are working on the issue!

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

Premium Member

to Radio_Guy
Thanks! I had one of my agents attempt to contact you via phone yesterday, so please disregard if you had a missed call from an unfamiliar number.

It seems that overall, this is a display issue on the end user side of the meter, in that case. If you wouldn't mind, could you IM me the login info you use to check the meter? This should be your Mediacom email address and password. I'm going to be having that management team go through some other options and it would be helpful for them to check the results from the user side.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

IM sent.

Sorry I ignored the call. It was from a blocked number.
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

rfnut to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
Are you really asking for this persons password? Even for the reasons stated, I would not be comfortable with this.

bulletsam
join:2008-04-08
Charleston, IL

bulletsam

Ditto. Never give out passwords, period. I can't believe he/they even asked for it.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to rfnut

to rfnut
really what is chad going to do with the password? to me if they ask change it to some random thing then give it to them

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

Premium Member

to Radio_Guy
Thank you, Radio_Guy. This is so I can test usage meter reporting on the end user side personally. Once we get this squared away this can be changed up from here: »ihelp.mediacombb.net/iHelp/ with your current credentials. It can also be changed via the preferences tab from the webmail system.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to rfnut

Premium Member

to rfnut
said by rfnut:

Are you really asking for this persons password? Even for the reasons stated, I would not be comfortable with this.

You do realize they can reset/suspend any account if they wanted to?

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy to rfnut

Premium Member

to rfnut
said by rfnut :

said by bulletsam :
Ditto. Never give out passwords, period. I can't believe he/they even asked for it.
Any other day of the week I would agree. However, I can understand what they are trying to do on their end to get the issue resolved. They will need this information to get the job done right without calling me every 5 minutes asking me "what do you see now". As MediacomChad said, when they are done I can always change the password.
said by GLIMMER :
really what is chad going to do with the password? to me if they ask change it to some random thing then give it to them
It was some random thing to begin with. All good passwords are

As for the original issue, it looks like they are very close, if not finished, getting my problem fixed. My usage meter was updated to this morning, and it seems accurate so far.

bulletsam
Charleston, IL

bulletsam

I'm just really cautious, I guess. I've seen far too many people fall victim to phishing, and compromised/hacked sites, giving out info to people who aren't who they say they are.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

said by bulletsam:

I'm just really cautious, I guess. I've seen far too many people fall victim to phishing, and compromised/hacked sites, giving out info to people who aren't who they say they are.

I believe anyone who frequents this forum would realize that the Mediacom Chad account is very real and indeed who they say it is.

bulletsam
Charleston, IL

bulletsam

to mattmag
So you're basically saying any forum that you frequent can't have accounts compromised. Really?

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

said by bulletsam:

to mattmag
So you're basically saying any forum that you frequent can't have accounts compromised. Really?

No, I did not.