spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

saynotofk

join:2012-12-14

Acanac Drops the Ball Again

Acanac billed me for a years worth of 28mps and I was only receiving 15mps. Why? They sold me the wrong modem. They will not fix that error nor do they plan on replacing my modem.
I have 5 Acanac Modems and they would like to charge me another $100 because the one they sold me is not compatible to 28mps. Faneeza K in the billing department has been a complete time waster not only for me but for the company. I also have been requesting a supervisor because I travel. No response. Endless emails have been going on since Oct 30th. They already owed me a credit for sevice being down and said they would give me a month in lieu of their 1 year error. Really? Wow thanks Acanac. This is the beginning of many threads I have copied of their poor service. If you get Devora or Faneeza K (Sonia) do yourself a favor and ask for another rep. Waiting on a supervisor or I am going to cancel my account after about 5 years.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2

5 modems? Why?

When did you get your latest modem from them, and what service did you sign up for at the time you got that modem?

If you have recently requested a move to a faster service, you will need to get an upgraded modem for it. That's due to Rogers, not Acanac. What you may be able to do is ask them if you can send back the slower modem and have it's cost reduced from the price for the new one. Rogers isn't activating any Doc2 modems on the faster profiles unfortunately.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to saynotofk

See I don't get this, I'm running a D2 modem, and still get the full 28mb.

saynotofk

reply to saynotofk

Every year I signed up they said they had a better version modem that would give me better signal. I signed up for 28 mps but was only getting around 15 because they sold me the wrong modem

thanks for respondiong

saynotofk

reply to elwoodblues

None of the modems they have sold me get 28mbps

saynotofk

reply to saynotofk

Guys thanks so much for responding and really making me feel like Im not alone.

saynotofk

reply to saynotofk

When I signed up the modem was available they just didnt sell me that one. So I paid for a year of 28mbps and receiving around 15 mbps. Absolutely would not accept my modem or discount on a new one. That was made very clear after fighting for 2 months

Samgee

canada
reply to saynotofk

If you've been activated on the current modem since last year as 28/1 then it just sounds like they need to review your profile with Rogers. It's only recently that they have put in the Doc3 requirement.

Can you post a few screenshots from speedtest using the Toronto Nexicom server?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:19
reply to saynotofk

As far as I can tell, Rogers will continue to allow Docsis 2 modems on 28mbit/s service (and indeed 32mbit/s service, if you could order it) until April 2013. More details:
»Re: Is it end of docsys 2.0 modem era in Ottawa?

In the morning, you should have no problem at all getting 28mbit/s on a Docsis 2 modem. In the evening, during peak hours, 14mbit/s is all Acanac guarantees.

What modem do you have? What router? Are you testing over wireless? Do you have a VoIP box between modem and router?
--
electronicsguru.ca

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to saynotofk

I'm assuming this is an Acanac resold rogers customer.

If we follow what is happening with Rogers, Rogers bumped up speeds. Those on 15-meg (or is it 18-meg) won't get the "free" speed increase to 28-meg if they don't have a D3 modem. The D3 modem users got the speed upgrade. D2 users didn't.

So if saynotofk bought this D2 modem more than 3 months ago, it's not Acanacs fault that Rogers did a speed upgrade that he can't have.

But, if this customer bought this modem within the past couple of months, then Yes, Acanac should be held responsible.

*But*, if this has nothing to do about the speed upgrades and he bought the 28-meg tier (if that existed over the past years) and never had the speed to begin with due to the modem they sold him *for this speed tier* then yeah, Acanac is to blame for selling the wrong modem for the speed tier you ordered.

Since Acanac doesn't want to budge, and we don't really know what scenario you are falling into here, then go to the CCTS and file a complaint. It's free for you.

I can see you winning at the CCTS if you fall within the last 2 scenario's above. But not the first one.

3 scenario's here that I see. Which do you fall under? That is the question.

saynotofk

reply to saynotofk

Click for full size
direct connected to modem
sb6120 motorola
no voip or router

saynotofk

reply to saynotofk

I ordered 28mbps
and they gave me the motorola sb6120
been fighting from day 1 for someone to tell me why I couldnt
I only got the right answer about a month ago

Samgee

canada
reply to saynotofk

That's weird, the sb6120 is a doc 3 modem, I use it myself. You're activated on their network so it must have the correct firmware on it too.

It must be a profile problem on Rogers end, I can't imagine they haven't investigated that as being the issue though.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to saynotofk

saynotofk, then stop wasting time with Acanac and file today with the CCTS. Let them know they sold you the wrong modem for the speed plan you are on.

»www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1
reply to Samgee

SB6120

I use the SB6120 as well without issues.

@saynotofk
Can you PM me your account info and I'll look into it.
What modem did they sell you?

Tks

saynotofk

hang on

markie58

join:2009-04-24
Chateauguay, QC

Out of curiosity can you list for us each of the five modems.

eeeaddict

join:2010-02-14
reply to hm

Re: Acanac Drops the Ball Again

the sb6120 should be the right modem, technically it can go to 152mbps

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
reply to saynotofk

on videotron network i can easily get 65mbps with my sb6120.

the problem is not the modem, 28mbps should be nothing for this modem.

saynotofk

reply to hm

Thanks so much HM I will do just that.

saynotofk

reply to Samgee

quite frustrating

saynotofk

reply to eeeaddict

I cant tell you why it doesnt work

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada

What time did you run that speed test? 7PM to midnight they may throttle their cable subs as low as half speed (it's on their website)

Samgee

canada

said by FiReSTaRT:

What time did you run that speed test? 7PM to midnight they may throttle their cable subs as low as half speed (it's on their website)

That hasn't been put in place yet.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to saynotofk

I've asked the cable manager to give you a call back, please see the reply to your ticket regarding that. Also you do have the correct modem for 28Mbps.

Can you also please reply to my PM?

Thank you.

saynotofk

Already did

saynotofk

I was also told by 2 or 3 reps on different occasions that I cannot get 28mbps with that modem and I never have

Samgee

canada

said by saynotofk:

I was also told by 2 or 3 reps on different occasions that I cannot get 28mbps with that modem and I never have

They are mistaken, so that needs to be corrected on Acanac's end. Fergless and I use the exact same modem you have and I get those speeds easily.

We were still curious what other 4 modems you have, since cable really hasn't been out long enough for you to have gone through that many.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to saynotofk

quote:
Already did
There's still one unread PM

saynotofk

I recieved 2 tickets this morning and replied to both