Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to C0RR0SIVE88

Re: Gen4/Changes Coming After Jan 1

Funny... I was saying this weeks ago and you came back telling me I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I speak from experience in being an IT Professional working in Networking and Administration of servers.

We'll see how this pans out in the weeks to come. Personally, I think they should ditch whatever Web Acceleration software they are using and go with Accelenet, which is what Exede uses. Unless they are using Accelenet?!?

As for beam/gateway association. I find it reminiscent that a Texas beam is using a gateway in Montana. Makes me feel like the old days of WildBlue when I had them in 2005. Texas beam was using a gateway in Syracuse, NY. I would think gateways would be closer to their assigned beams. The Exede beam I was on was using a gateway in Hayes, Kansas. It was closer, but still didn't make sense to me, when they supposedly have a gateway in West Texas.

Lastly, I've noticed if I do a continuous ping (Ping -t 8.8.8.8) from a command prompt I am see fairly good pings in the low 600's and even in the upper 500's.

East Texas

@suddenlink.net

I live in East Texas and my gateway is in Washington state. Now that makes no sense to me at all.

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

If you are on Beam #44, then your gateway is in Montana, unless I was told wrong, which wouldn't surprise me coming from any CSR of Hughesnet.

I feel sorry that the late Howard Hughes has to have his name attached to this company. Seeing it's pretty much a government/military industrial complex spinoff, they should call it TyrannicalGovNet.