Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

[Internet] Am I on the correct profile?

Last Friday I had Fibe 25 installed at home (finally gave up my grandfathered unlimited after being nickel-and-dimed to death). Everything went smoothly but tests I've done periodically over the past week only show about 15/7 speeds. Is it possible I was put on the lower Fibe 15 package by mistake? All the correspondence I've gotten from Bell clearly indicates I signed up for the 25/10 plan.

Just thought I'd check here first before going through the hell that 310-SURF can be.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

Didn't the tech that came to your home test the sync rate?

But yeah, that appears like a wrong profile if you are getting those speeds...

Perhaps you are too far from the remote. I would post in bell direct and ask them to check it out.
--

SLAMtech

join:2009-12-03
kudos:1
reply to mr weather

If your getting 7 up then you should have the attainable for 25 meg down. Most likely wrong profile. Either send a pm or post in direct forum.

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

You have PM.

As for the tech checking the speed, all he did when he showed up was install a POTS splitter, fire up the modem and make sure there was a connection and internet access. No speed test or anything. I would have expected whatever work had to be done on the Bell side of things was done properly and according to the work order.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes