uniqs
share rss forum feed

maumiz

join:2002-07-08
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Typical Repair/Service Time

I have had Time Warner Ultra Internet (50/5) for almost 2 years now and I’m located in the heart of Los Angeles. Since my installation, I have had 3 service calls for loss of internet. I was wondering how long it typically take for a service technician to show up for an appointment when you schedule a repair. With my first issue, about 18 months ago, I had an appointment that was about 48 hours after my initial customer service call. With my second issue, about 9 months ago, my appointment was scheduled about 72 hours after my initial service call. With my latest issue this week, the appointment was scheduled over 4 days after my initial call. Is it me or is the time waiting for a repair getting worse? When I was with AT&T U-verse and needed a repair technician, they would send one out within 12-24 hours after my service call. Just want to know what the norm is out there.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

1 recommendation

It totally depends on how busy they are.

I've had issues where they get slammed with trouble calls after storms or upgrades gone bad and couldn't get to me for up to a week.

I've had other times where next day was available.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

maumiz

join:2002-07-08
Los Angeles, CA
reply to maumiz

Bump

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to maumiz

He just gave you your answer. There is nothing more to give. You will have to call to find out how long it will take, there's a lot of variables and no one answer is the "Right" one.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY
reply to maumiz

3wk lead time in queens