spc
Search similar:

uniqs
owensdj
join:2001-09-05
Easley, SC

owensdj

[Services] DSL Without Phone Service

Anybody know if I can keep AT&T DSL Internet service and drop the phone service? If so, does AT&T charge more for DSL if phone service isn't on the account? Thanks.

burris
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

I did that many years ago and although they initially charged $5 mo more at that time, I've long ago gotten them to lower the price even more.
You may have a bit of downtime when they do the switch and they will have to give you a new phone number just for the DSL and reset the DSL up on that new number.

Negotiate with them on the price as well as not getting hit with any setup charges. If they balk, tell them you may just switch to cable, etc.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

When I had both DSL and phone service and decided to drop the phone service, all they did was disable the phone service such that no incoming or outgoing calls could be placed, not even to 911. There was still dialtone on the line.

And they did not change the phone number associated with the DSL account.

There was no DSL downtime. And no setup charges.

I did lose my $5.00 bundling discount in the next billing cycle.
steveatl
join:2007-07-06
Decatur, GA

steveatl to owensdj

to owensdj
I did that a year or so ago and the rep did it while I was talking to him. One minute, I had phone service, the next minute, not. Seamless and quick. I had no setup charges. The phone number stayed the same.

burris
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

burris

Premium Member

I guess times have changed. Sounds quite easy now.
nrobot80
join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

nrobot80

I moved into my house and got DSL with out phone, I was shocked because the phone rep didn't even try to upsale phone service to me. That shows the times we live in with the traditional landline is becoming an endangered species.

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle to owensdj

Premium Member

to owensdj
The charge for their 6Mbps service without bundled home phone, is $10 more a month.