uniqs

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to Pauly

to Pauly

Re: Sell the Gardiner Expressway - Adam Vaughn

said by Pauly:

i think conrad miller should have uploaded it to the province when he had a chance. the province handles their infastructure much better than a single municipality

said by Pauly:

i think conrad miller should have uploaded it to the province when he had a chance. the province handles their infastructure much better than a single municipality

He tried his best. That one cent campaign. So when he couldn't control his spending habit(mainly paying his Union worker buddies) he came up with Land transfer tax. Yey More money for union.

Funny article in Star today.

"
Mayor Ford’s office kept in the dark on crumbling Gardiner"

When a third chunk of concrete plummeted off the Gardiner Expressway this spring, making it apparent something was seriously wrong with the elevated highway, Mayor Rob Ford’s office ordered an emergency meeting with top city staff and offered a blank cheque to get the situation under control.

Public works chair Denzil Minnan-Wong says that, based on what they were being told, he and the mayor’s office had every reason to believe the expressway was safe. Documents released to the Star support his claim.

Neither Minnan-Wong nor the mayor’s office appear to have been sent the damaging engineer memos. The documents suggest the administration was more or less told the same thing as the public: There’s no cause for alarm, the situation is under control and concrete separating from a larger mass is not unusual.

Furthermore, documents show that despite these reassurances, the mayor’s office ordered extra precautions for public safety.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I read that at the vet, while not blaming him directly (for once) it didn't stop the commentators from blaming him for the mess the Gardiner is in.

For Toronto 500m is a huge chunk of money and IIRC that would represent a 500% tax increase just to cover that money.

Wouldn't stop the Star's choice for Mayor, Adam Vaughn, he could re-direct that money to the "arts" where they rent city buildings for $2/yr and never turn a profit.

For me, I'd rather see them STOP funding the wannabe artists and start fixing the problems with the city. The "arts community" wants funding to be at $25/per capita!!! or roughly $75m.

It's also time for upper level of governments to stop wasting my tax dollars on tax cuts for corporations and get down to the business of funding municipalities where the money is really needed.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

For me, I'd rather see them STOP funding the wannabe artists and start fixing the problems with the city. The "arts community" wants funding to be at $25/per capita!!! or roughly $75m.

Yeah but then what do you do with all the people who have no marketable skills, like Adam Vaughn?
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to loosedobbs

Premium Member

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

said by Pauly:

said by Pauly:

He tried his best. That one cent campaign. So when he couldn't control his spending habit(mainly paying his Union worker buddies) he came up with Land transfer tax. Yey More money for union.

@loosebowelsdobbs

Do you run a business?
Do you like the fact that people have decent paying jobs to afford your goods & services?
I thought not... on both counts.

Sounds like you're a big fan of indentured servitude.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by loosedobbs:

said by Pauly:

said by Pauly:

@loosebowelsdobbs

Do you run a business?
Do you like the fact that people have decent paying jobs to afford your goods & services?
I thought not... on both counts.

Sounds like you're a big fan of indentured servitude.

You make no sense comrade. But continue.
Expand your moderator at work