BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298

Re: keep

Exactly. Their coverage is just as bad as ever, and as areas not near the city lag farther and farther behind in technology upgrades, in some ways it's actually getting worse.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

I go to the country side all the time and always get coverage. In this area they just roam on another carrier I guess.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Why woud you want to have a tiny amount of slow data when you could have your regular plan and fake 4G that's cranking along at 3-5mbps?

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

Oh, I don't have a smartphone.

I guess you guys are referring to Data coverage. I was just assuming voice.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to BiggA

Premium Member

to BiggA
Sure, 3-5Mb down. Got this while on the bus near mexico with t-mobile.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

You totally missed the point. When you go outside the city, you go to EDGE, GPRS, or throttled roaming, while AT&T is cruising right along with Faux G, and soon Verizon will have LTE everywhere.

@Buddahbless, AT&T passed T-Mobile with the exact same fake 4G quite some time ago. Verizon is behind AT&T if you count "4G", not 4G LTE.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

No I didn't. I had full 4g in my T-Mobile going through rural MO, TX, OK, when my Verizon was lucky to even be on evdo, usually on 1xrtt.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

If you look at the map, go a few miles outside a city, and T-Mobile is back on "2G" or roaming. Verizon is on LTE or EVDO. Some of the 1x roaming areas on Verizon, which are pretty much beyond where T-Mobile even has service, are being fixed with LTEiRA.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

I know what's on the maps. It isn't reflective of new coverage. Tons of the coverage i had was listed as pure roaming. Some had the icons for new towers but still roaming. Real vs. map coverage isn't the same.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

Yeah right. You're trying to tell me that T-Mobile has done some massive stealth build-out to cover the massive areas that they currently have 2G or no service with 4G? Yeah right. Maybe here or there, but definitely not anywhere close to where AT&T is. And even AT&T will fall back to EDGE occasionally, but at least they have something pretty much everywhere.
« T-Mumble Propoganda
This is a sub-selection from keep