spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

G4 is dead

Comcast has put the last nail in the coffin of the once great Tech TV. G4 is to be rebranded the Esquire Channel. A channel for the metrosexual man.

»www.hollywoodreporter.co ··· l-399481
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

that sucks
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459 to Zoder

Premium Member

to Zoder
LOL, that totally figures, the network has been moving that way for a while...

G4 became a steaming pile pretty quickly after assimilating and then basically trashing any TechTV assets they found useful.

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to Zoder

Premium Member

to Zoder
This sucks, as a gamer and fan of AOTS and the other shows on G4, how am I going to get my gaming news/entertainment now? I am not a metrosexual or care about stuff like that. I care about games, gadgets, and geeking out on the latest tech.

Streetlight
join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

1 edit

1 recommendation

Streetlight

If you or anyone else is interested in technology, gadgets, computers, the Internet, etc., I recommend Leo Laport's Twit network as a great resource. Access at:

»twit.tv/

A schedule of live production streams is on the right of the page.

Click on shows and all shows. Currently ~25 different shows are being produced weekly and many hundreds of episodes are available for download. There is a schedule of when the shows may be viewed streamed live on the live feed link. The advantage of the live stream is that there is a very active chat room. Live shows are not continuously provided but the live feed will present reruns of recent shows if no show is currently being produced.

There was a gamers show for a while, but it didn't get much traction, so it was cancelled.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to Zoder

to Zoder
Comcast miss handed g4 for years and it only got on directv by buying out tech tv after removing it from comcast systems.

good thing directv dropped g4 when it did.

Now will they to put some part time limited sports on this new channel to force directv to pick it up??

have a deal with it and CSN- Philly / TCN as well CSN - NW? / CSN - Houston / CSS?

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to Streetlight

Premium Member

to Streetlight
ty im gonna check that out
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder to egeek84

to egeek84
said by egeek84:

This sucks, as a gamer and fan of AOTS and the other shows on G4, how am I going to get my gaming news/entertainment now? I am not a metrosexual or care about stuff like that. I care about games, gadgets, and geeking out on the latest tech.

AOTS and X-Play had already been canceled a couple of months ago. Wonder if Kevin Pereira and Adam Sessler had a heads up, explaining why they both bailed earlier in the year.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678
So in order for directv and dish to carry the new channel they will have to carry comcast sportnets?
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

what maybe directv counter offer we will pick this channel if you give use the CSN's.
Mgsports
join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS

Mgsports to Zoder

to Zoder
I say MLB Strike Zone or Sun Sports.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

They have to reach an agreement with MLB to offer strike zone. That totally shocks me that they don't offer it though. I think even dish offers it.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to egeek84

to egeek84
said by egeek84:

the interwebz

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to egeek84

Premium Member

to egeek84
said by egeek84:

If you need TV to get that, you aren't a geek.
»live.twit.tv
Mgsports
Olathe, KS

Mgsports to Zoder

to Zoder
TWC/BHN have MLB Strike Zone. Also need a deal for Universal Sports,HSN2,CFNEWS13,Metro Weather and so on.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

they're not going to get metro weather,etc. I don't get wpgh here which means I don't wpgh country or wpmy country.
I also don't get network west virginia or ohio news network.

Donut
join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI

1 recommendation

Donut to Zoder

to Zoder
Good the bastards got what they deserved for killing of Tech TV. Im glad to see that channel die.
Mgsports
Olathe, KS

Mgsports to Zoder

to Zoder
Metro Weather is from KC area and at the moment TWCKC is the only one that has it. I would to see Chicago TV Land,Metro Sports and so on other Comcast. I would love to see YES Network,NESN,Sun Sports,The OKC Thunder on Fox Sports Midwest Plus on my Comcast.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

they're not going to get metro weather,etc. I don't get wpgh here which means I don't wpgh country or wpmy country.
I also don't get network west virginia or ohio news network.

what does that have to do with national channel change?

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I was replying to mgsports.

myosh
join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

myosh to Zoder

to Zoder
All I can say is GOOD RIDDANCE!

They bought and ruined a perfectly good tech channel (TechTV), and the name Charles Hirschorn (think I spelled his name right... he was the in charge of G4 when they bought TechTV) still makes my blood boil. The only good thing that came from this fiasco was the birth of Leo Laporte's TWiT network and Kevin Rose's Revision3 network.

Anyone care to join me in singing "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" substituting "G4" for "the witch"?

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to mikedz4

to mikedz4
Well ONN wont matter, WBNS 10TV is shutting that down.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

why is wbns shutting Ohio News Network down? Not enough viewers? No wonder, time warner cable customers need a box and digital cable to get it.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

»www.dispatch.com/content ··· -31.html

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

so ONN is gone now? Are there any all news/weather stations in ohio now?

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Not that I am aware of, 10TV is still doing their Doppler10 Now subchannel on 10.2

jbgroup1
Non Conformist
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
Dayton, MD

jbgroup1 to Zoder

Premium Member

to Zoder
It's a shame that it's gone. It hasn't been right since ZDTV when TechTV ruined it.

Ultibeam
join:2008-05-27
USA

Ultibeam to Zoder

to Zoder
G4 has been dead to me since they canned all TechTV shows. X-Play is a shadow of it's former self and AOTS is garbage compared to TSS. It won't be missed.

myosh
join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

myosh to jbgroup1

to jbgroup1
said by jbgroup1:

It's a shame that it's gone. It hasn't been right since ZDTV when TechTV ruined it.

ZDTV and TechTV were just fine. The channel went to hell when Comcast and G4 got their grubby little hands on it.

All they (Comcast/G4) cared about was TechTV's distribution contracts with DirecTV and Dish and other cable companies. They didn't care about the core TechTV audience.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to Streetlight

to Streetlight
I can't say enough good things about twit.tv and all of Leo's projects. Great recommendation.