uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

WRVS4400N: 3rd Party Firmware?

Just as the title suggests, is there any third party firmware out there yet that is available for the WRVS4400N v2?
The best I could find was this: »www.tytec.de/Project4.htm. He wants money for it. However, his firmware is not compatible with v2 models.

Kyawa
Premium
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

What feature(s) are you looking for that don't exist in the Cisco firmware?

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

Nothing specific.
I am however rather irritated at how Cisco has dropped the ball at updating the WRVS4400N IPS signatures, but that's another topic altogether.
I thought perhaps DDWRT or Tomato firmware would perhaps be better firmware than what is provided by Cisco in terms of the systems stability. (less bugs, system lock ups ect) Cisco/Linksys isn't exactly up to speed when it comes to addressing firmware issues and I have read all about how those other third party firmwares are fantastic on let's say the WRT54GL. Right now nothing exists for the WRVS4400N as it appears to be a rather complex unit to create third party firmware for.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Jan Janowski
Premium
join:2000-06-18
Skokie, IL

1 recommendation

reply to Dustyn

Please add to this the Same Request for RVS4000.
--
Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

I upgraded from the RVS4000 to the WRVS4400N. Same issues with the lack of IPS (as these units share the same file) and with the lack of third party firmware.