uniqs
share rss forum feed

dabomb4097

join:2012-12-13
Willowbrook, IL
reply to NetFixer

Re: [IPv6] Comcast IPv6 Gives Address But No Default Gateway

said by NetFixer See Profile
Do the PC(s) behind your router get public IPv6 addresses, gateways, etc, but IPv6 connectivity terminates at the router? Or do the PC(s) only get private IPv4 IP addresses, gateways, etc?[/BQUOTE :

Yes, PC's receive public IPv6 addresses and can communicate amongst themselves, there's just no route beyond the E3200.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 edit
said by dabomb4097:

Do the PC(s) behind your router get public IPv6 addresses, gateways, etc, but IPv6 connectivity terminates at the router? Or do the PC(s) only get private IPv4 IP addresses, gateways, etc?

Yes, PC's receive public IPv6 addresses and can communicate amongst themselves, there's just no route beyond the E3200.

Well, hopefully now that NetDog See Profile has noticed your thread (that is even better than someone familiar with the E3200 responding to your thread), he can check out your CMTS after you supply the requested information. Some kind of misconfiguration (or failure) in your CMTS is a good possibility.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:79
reply to dabomb4097
said by dabomb4097:

Do the PC(s) behind your router get public IPv6 addresses, gateways, etc, but IPv6 connectivity terminates at the router? Or do the PC(s) only get private IPv4 IP addresses, gateways, etc?[/BQUOTE :

PM me your cable modem MAC address so I can look at this.. I need to find out if the issue is a cable modem issue or what the problem is.

dabomb4097

join:2012-12-13
Willowbrook, IL
Sent the requested info. Thanks again for your help!