This is a sub-selection from Cities?

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

1 edit
reply to cpuoverck

Re: Cities?

said by cpuoverck:

Why not just dump all three and live life as free people?

Because not living with looming bankruptcy for even minor illness gives more freedom than you can possibly imagine.

As a libertarian I have made a long pondered decision to bend my beliefs when it comes to healthcare for practical realities.

First, big business and big government already control healthcare, thus the neocon position you spout is extremely disingenuous and outright stupid.

Secondly, the liberal position on healthcare is equally weak. If your going to fight for universal health care, go on and do it. Completely socialize it and be done with it.

What really changed my mind was living in a country with socialized medicine, and how much more advanced and accessible it was than our own. The US may be a research leader in medicine, but it is a pathetic straggler when it comes to giving healthcare

TheRogueX

join:2003-03-26
Springfield, MO
said by DataRiker:

What really changed my mind was living in a country with socialized medicine, and how much more advanced and accessible it was than our own. The US may be a research leader in medicine, but it is a pathetic straggler when it comes to giving healthcare

Wow, it's amazing to see that socialized medicine worked so well in that country that it changed the mind of a libertarian.