Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA
reply to marksss

Re: Recevied a phone call about a deal from Comcast seems fishy

Cold calls are rare but happen from Comcast. When they are trying to get a number of subscriber in a certain market, they resort to cold calling and promise you all these extras that aren't included. Usually the one calling is from a marketing company that pays on commission. If its a same day install the tech will come to your house very late, like 8 or 9 in the evening after the tech has ran all his or her previously scheduled calls.

trythisfirst

@comcast.net
said by nrobot80:

If its a same day install the tech will come to your house very late, like 8 or 9 in the evening after the tech has ran all his or her previously scheduled calls.

No way any tech is taking a new call at 8 or 9 lol. This is made up fud, calls are put in an available timeframe period... Technicians are done at 6:30 typically unless a job is not finished.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 edits
Shit when i was installing for comcast it wasnt unusual at all. Same day install means I kept constant contact with the sub and showed up as late as you wanted. Think the latest was like 1230 am so i wouldnt be saying no way. When techs take on same day install duties around here it means just that. Technically tho 1230 is the next day but i think you get the idea. Some of my most pleasant days involved these types of duties. Especially college move in days. 4 to 5 techs to each salesman. As long as the salesman was making sales they kept on going and kept feeding the work orders flowing.