share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Haven:Did they skip a week?

For what ever reason, my DVR recorded what it thought was Haven, but turned out to be Eureka's last Christmas special.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

3 edits
Haven got postponed, due to the events in Connecticut school shootings likely. In anycase it will return probably next week, keep an eye on local listings (and twitter).

quote:
Syfy Pulls Friday's Haven in Wake of Newtown Elementary School Shooting: click here for more info.
quote:
“In light of today’s tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, we have decided not to air it,” the network said in a statement. “At this time, no decision has been made as to when the episode will air.”

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
Thank you.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ
Oh I can imagine why....they episode summery said that people where reverting to their school age and there were deaths at a school reunion...good call Syfi...

Nia

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
said by Niarlan:

Oh I can imagine why....they episode summery said that people where reverting to their school age and there were deaths at a school reunion...good call Syfi...

Nia

I tend to not watch previews or read synopsis of the up coming shows. So i wasn't aware of that. Ya it was a good call on sy-fy's part. just wish they'd posted a disclaimer before Eureka ran.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

BobbyJ

join:2012-12-11
Keller, TX

1 recommendation

reply to Snakeoil
Probably more like everyone was watching the news and the only basis for the decision was ratings.

You people give Syfy too much credit. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me WTF wrestling and infomercials have to do with science fiction.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
Wrestling and infomercials pays the bills to keep shows in production and the lights on.
Then again, wrestling has had "super natural characters". Undertaker, grave digger.
But I agree, it's not real syfy. But then again is Fae off, or hot set, or total blackout?
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ

1 recommendation

They posted when they will air the last 2 episodes...

Last Friday's 10PM episode of Haven contained scenes of fictitious violence in a high school setting and in light of the recent tragedy, we have decided to reschedule it along with the series' season three finale, originally slated to air this Friday, December 21st at 10PM. The final two episodes of season three of Haven will now air back-to-back on Thursday, January 17th from 8-10 PM (ET/PT) to maintain the integrity of the series' serialized nature.

Nia

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Comcast
reply to Snakeoil
Typical over reacting, overly false sympathetic Hollywood decision. They fear some group complaining that they showed an episode of a show the shooter probably never saw. Like when they edited and delayed the Buffy the Vampire slayer series finale on another network after Columbine. Wow, SyFy you are so courageous.

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
reply to Snakeoil
FYI,

Episodes 12 and 13 are out on usenet and torrents.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
said by Stem Bolt:

FYI,

Syfy/SPACE both strongly encourage not watching the leaked versions to keep ratings UP.

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
Cleveland, OH
said by TwiztedZero:

said by Stem Bolt:

FYI,

Syfy/SPACE both strongly encourage not watching the leaked versions to keep ratings UP.

The show is already renewed for another season.

Can you provide a link for that 'encouragement'?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
said by Stem Bolt:

said by TwiztedZero:

said by Stem Bolt:

FYI,

The show is already renewed for another season.

Can you provide a link for that 'encouragement'?

This is one I could find, #EscapetoHaven from one of the Haven writers.
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
Cleveland, OH
said by TwiztedZero:

This is one I could find, #EscapetoHaven from one of the Haven writers.

That's a request from a writer. Not Syfy/Space. So, it's not official. Like I already said, it's been renewed for another season already. It's coming back next year regardless of the ratings.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to Snakeoil
That's one of the strangest endings to a show for a season,that I've ever seen..............course we're talking about Haven.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
»www.imdb.com/media/rm4030312704/nm0888882

too bad they can't keep this sweetheart on permanently.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to Snakeoil
Did they ever finally show the episode that they postponed or will it appear in 2013? My DVR did not pick anything up.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to IanR
My DVR recorded a Haven show. The description said it was for something [can't recall], but that it was a new episode. But it turned out to be the episode just after they discovered that they had a skin walker.
The one where the guy in the coma wakes up and everyone else goes into a coma.
--